How do you determine how many cabin left

Susandt

Agency I checked shows following Haven availability for Joy 8/13/2023.  Sorry I can't share name as it's against CC policy.

H1  Haven Penthouse Suite w/balcony       3   (all on deck 13)

HG  Haven Forward Facing PH w/balcony  1   (deck 10)

HE  Haven Courtyard PH w/Lg balcony       8  (1 on deck 18, 7 on deck 17)

9 minutes ago, kjquilts said:

Agency I checked shows following Haven availability for Joy 8/13/2023.  Sorry I can't share name as it's against CC policy.

kj, do all agents have access to availability information?  Seems like an inside track to bidding for an upgrade.

I'm not a travel agent, just an obsessive cruise shopper.   There are many on line travel agencies where you can price a cruise.  Some limit the number of staterooms they show as available to 15 in a stateroom category (like NCL used to do).   If they are showing 13 available that should be it, if showing 15 there could be more.

The staterooms come and go ..... just rechecked first website and verified with a second and the H1 category Penthouse Suite w/balcony now shows 6 available on deck 14 and none on 13.  The HE category changed from 7 to 5 on deck 17.

1 hour ago, kjquilts said:

H1  Haven Penthouse Suite w/balcony       3   (all on deck 13)

HG  Haven Forward Facing PH w/balcony  1   (deck 10)

HE  Haven Courtyard PH w/Lg balcony       8  (1 on deck 18, 7 on deck 17)

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Susandt said:

Thanks

wanted to be sure you saw this in post #5

The staterooms come and go ..... just rechecked first website and verified with a second and the H1 category Penthouse Suite w/balcony now shows 6 available on deck 14 and none on 13.  The HE category changed from 7 to 5 on deck 17.

Where a category has limited cabins you can get a rough idea from most places.

I have seen TA show different lists.

Where there are loads and/or  they offer GTY it is a stab in the dark even using the agents that show a big/full list. you just never know how many are sitting waiting for an allocation.

On top of that uncertainty there may be blocks out on sale or return.

I tracked an early post covid cruise that was showing around 50% occupancy when we got on it was 30%  

MIn bids were enough to get to balcony level from insides.

When I finish tracking a NCL Dawn voyage I am thinking of tracking some Norwegian Viva voyages  in the med before it leaves as we like new ships and hope for a late discount.