How to get to FCO (Rome Airport) from City Center

MudderBear

Thinking of staying two extra nights in Rome to save on airfare back to USA.  (rates are cheaper on Monday vs. Saturday).  How would I get to the airport from the center of Rome?  I'm thinking of using the Hotel Savoy, and have Princess book it for me (yes, I know I can probably book on my own but at least Princess will get me to the hotel from the ship).  It looks as though the Hotel Savoy can arrange a car service for about $60 Euros.  What do others do when they stay in Rome after their cruise.  By the way, this would be in May of next year.

Edited by MudderBear

Train:  The Leonardo Express from Rome Termini station to the airport is 14 euro and takes 32 minutes, or you can take a slower regional train from any of the other Rome stations for 8 euros.

Connections to and from Rome Fiumicino Airport - Trenitalia

Bus:  There are several different bus options, most leaving from the Rome Termini station area but a couple also from near the Vatican.

Bus - AEROPORTI DI ROMA - Aeroporti di Roma (adr.it)

Car:  You could take a taxi from the city center for the fixed fare of 50 euro, or a car service is usually 5 - 10 euro more than a taxi.

On 6/17/2023 at 7:26 PM, MudderBear said:

Thank you.  Do most hotels in general help you secure a car service?

Yep.  Most hotels have a Concierge Desk where you can arrange for a private transfer company.  Otherwise, the Doorman will simply get you a taxi,   Some may disagree, but I think the private transfer companies are somewhat overrated (even though we have used a couple) when compared to just grabbing a taxi    If you do want to look at some car services, online, we can recommend Stefano's Rome Cabs (romecabs.com) or RomeinLimo.com.  

Hank