Booking Celebrity on board

We booked a Celebrity cruise last year on the Anthem.  We received our normal OBC, the price was what I had checked prior and we paid the $200.00 deposit for the cruise.

We just recently booked a Royal cruise on Celebrity, but we didn’t receive any OBC.

• Like 1

Hello,

This is what I warn people about for all the dozens of times (at least) this question has been asked, and the equal and opposite about booking Royal on a Celebrity ship, and I have answered thus:

The sales agents on whichever line know, or should know, all there is to know about THEIR line and its offers/benefits. There is no guarantee that they will know, or you get the benefits, of the other line. You need to do some gentle prodding to get that to which you are entitled. Even if they have not read or remembered it, there is a document that lists the OBC and deposit benefits for each. If in doubt - ask.

Regards,

Cublet

4 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

This is what I warn people about for all the dozens of times (at least) this question has been asked, and the equal and opposite about booking Royal on a Celebrity ship, and I have answered thus:

The sales agents on whichever line know, or should know, all there is to know about THEIR line and its offers/benefits. There is no guarantee that they will know, or you get the benefits, of the other line. You need to do some gentle prodding to get that to which you are entitled. Even if they have not read or remembered it, there is a document that lists the OBC and deposit benefits for each. If in doubt - ask.

Regards,

Cublet

Agree. Do your homework before getting on the ship. I've never had a problem getting any additional offers, perks or benefits for the future cruise.

• Like 1

Hello,

Part of the problem is Royal's poor IT systems. Where an offer has 'x', 'y', and 'z' benefits they aren't automatically included in the booking but have to be added manually at the time of booking.

If they are not, for whatever reason, and you are back on shore, you will have a hard job having them added retrospectively especially if, in the meantime, that offer has ended.

Regards,

Cublet

On 6/18/2023 at 10:15 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

We booked a Celebrity cruise on Royal Caribbean.  The Next Cruise person actually printed out Celebrity's Future cruise benefits for us so we were all on the same page.  I think our agent was the head of the Next Cruise group.

• Like 1