Oct 24 Roundtrip Questions

GaryEssex

Hello everyone. We hope you are all well and ok. It's been great reading trip reports and the answers to others questions.

My wife asked me when we could start to book treatments in the spa and the hairdressers as well as finding out what nights the Formal Nights would fall on?

Thank you all in advance.

Gary & Maria

Hi, @GaryEssex. I'm a little confused about which cruise you are on. I don't see any October 24 departures on the Cunard schedule for either 2023 or 2024.

If you are on a 2023 cruise, your dress code and theme schedule can be found within the Day Calendar section of your booking in My Cunard. That will indicate which evenings are "Gala Evenings" (formal) and what the themes (if any) will be on those evenings.

For reference, you can check out this sticky of mine documenting the 2023 dress code and theme schedules based on what others have told me they are seeing in the Day Calendars for their cruises.

On the subject of spa and salon services, I'm not sure when those bookings open up, but I would have thought those would be available to book now in My Cunard for an October 2023 sailing. They are available to book for our upcoming September 2023 sailing, so if they aren't available to book yet for an October 2023 sailing, they should be soon.

1 minute ago, GaryEssex said:

Hi. sorry... We sail from Southampton on 17th October 2024 doing a round trip via Le Harve to New York for 15 nights. 

Ah, yes. I realized soon after my earlier post that you probably meant a voyage departing during the month of October 2024, not one departing on October 24th. My fault for not picking up on that.

I understand the dress code and theme schedules are available for some of the early 2024 itineraries. But for October 2024, we will probably have to wait until sometime later this fall.

Someone else may be able to advise how soon before departure bookings generally open for the spa and salon services.

One more follow-up. Cunard have been using the same dress code and theme schedule for crossings for several years now. For westbound crossings, there are two gala evenings with "Black and White" and "Masquerade" for the themes. For eastbound crossings, there are two gala evenings with "Red and Gold" and "Roaring Twenties" for the themes.

It would not surprise me at all if your 15-night roundtrip crossing including Le Havre in October 2024 matched this recently completed May-June 2023 itinerary.

18-May-23 Southampton Smart Attire
19-May-23 Le Havre Smart Attire
20-May-23 Gala Evening Black and White
21-May-23 Smart Attire
22-May-23 Smart Attire
23-May-23 Smart Attire
24-May-23 Gala Evening Masquerade
25-May-23 Smart Attire
26-May-23 New York Smart Attire
27-May-23 Gala Evening Red and Gold
28-May-23 Smart Attire
29-May-23 Smart Attire
30-May-23 Smart Attire
31-May-23 Gala Evening Roaring Twenties
1-Jun-23 Smart Attire

19 minutes ago, NE John said:

Is this a new dress code category? From what I see from NY attire in offices today, it’s not that smart…

Good one! Some judicious use of punctuation in my post might have helped separate the port names from the evening dress code.

Perhaps some of our contributors from the UK and France might offer opinions on "Southampton Smart Attire" and "Le Havre Smart Attire" as well. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You may want to check if a 'roll call' exists for your sailing - Cunard's offerings for NYC may be sparse, and you may want or need to organize your own.

The is a roll call for the 6 Oct round trip - that shares the westbound [Southampton, LeHavre, Brooklyn] crossing with your round trip.  

7 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Perhaps some of our contributors from the UK and France might offer opinions on "Southampton Smart Attire" and "Le Havre Smart Attire" as well. 

LOL.... I think New York and Southampton Smart Attire are great. Perhaps we can have them as theamed nights while on QM2. Could be quite interesting seeing what actually rocks up in the Britannia Restaurant.

• Like 2