VEGF injection for AMD while cruising?

khuselid

Have anyone of you been successful at getting your eye shot for AMD while cruising? We are wanting to cruise longer than the 4 week interval allows and searching, currently, for options in Lima but would be interested in others experiences elsewhere.

Please don't respond unless you have this experience. We don't need advice or worries about medical services available outside the US. Sorry if we made anyone squeamish with the thought of eye shots!

Thanks! Kim

1) The interval between injections can vary by patient. in some cases up to 12 weeks between injections.

2) ”Regular” Medicare does not cover services outside the US. YMMV with other payers, especially for what might be considered “routine” treatment. I’m not judging quality of care, only willingness of payer to pay.

Personally, I’d be concerned about using a provider I didn’t know administering a medication that may or may not be what I’ve used before and then pretty much immediately departing the vicinity where service was delivered.

1 hour ago, FOPMan said:

1) The interval between injections can vary by patient. in some cases up to 12 weeks between injections.

2) ”Regular” Medicare does not cover services outside the US. YMMV with other payers, especially for what might be considered “routine” treatment. I’m not judging quality of care, only willingness of payer to pay.

Personally, I’d be concerned about using a provider I didn’t know administering a medication that may or may not be what I’ve used before and then pretty much immediately departing the vicinity where service was delivered.

Do you get these shots? Yes we know about the insurance etc. We also know that these are done worldwide and there are highly train opthamologists everywhere. Cost are way less than in the US. Shots here are 3500. each. Right now he's at 4 week intervals.