Dining issue

SurfCat

My wife and I are traveling with five other family members.  They booked well before us and have early dining. By the time we booked, early dining was full.  We would like to dine with them but they are early eaters and wouldn't ask them to change for us.  Would it be worth it to go see the maitre d when we first get on board to see if they could have us seated together or would that be a waste of time?

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, SurfCat said:

My wife and I are traveling with five other family members.  They booked well before us and have early dining. By the time we booked, early dining was full.  We would like to dine with them but they are early eaters and wouldn't ask them to change for us.  Would it be worth it to go see the maitre d when we first get on board to see if they could have us seated together or would that be a waste of time?

Thanks in advance.

Give it a try, it never hurts to ask  probably will not be able to eat together the 1st night but probably be able to the rest of the cruise

If you link up your booking with them, which you can do through the carnival website, and then get on the early dining waitlist, you may have a better chance of getting switched. We had that happen to a couple who wanted to join us but booked late and they were moved to our meal time and table without us having to ask which we found out once we boarded.

• Like 1

We just dealt with this in a different way. We have 10 family members traveling together. Everyone was supposed to book early dinner time. A few book anytime and the "smart" ones book early dining. Well when it came to linking the reservations it didn't work and early dining was filled up. I called Carnival. Everyone that book early dining moved to Anytime. Then we reserved an early dining time for the whole cruise. Plus one of the couples book through a TA and not Carnival so made it more interesting to get things linked up.

If you can get the other people to move to Anytime then reserve a time it should work.  All rooms need to be linked for dining.