Post-cruise excursion - Triest to Venice?

MizLizzie

So my first venture with Oceania has hit a snag. We will disembark at Triest which appears quite far from Venice.
Will Oceania offer a post-cruise tour to Venice?  Or even a post-cruise hotel offer in Venice with some sort of transfer?  If an hotel offer,  does anyone know which hotels they use? 

Though we’d barely do it justice, we’d hoped  to stay over a day to at least get a glimpse of Venice, and hoped Oceania would provide a transfer to the city plus an add-on hotel and tour.  I might add that our cruise departs from Valetta, and ended — we thought — near Venice proper.  

Thanks for any guidance. 

Check the  website for you sailing  & under the HOTEL tab it shows what hotels they use pre & post  cruise

It may be too early to see the hotels   but you can check cruise this year for Venice to see what ones they use

I believe it is usually the Molino Stucky

They usually have a transfer  to the airport   so you could book your own hotel in Venice proper  & take a  water taxi or the land but  from the airport

6 minutes ago, MizLizzie said:

Thanks.  Unfortunately, it appears they show only pre-cruise hotels in Valletta.  Unless I’m looking in the wrong place.

Might just be too early

This year they have the Molino  &  the St Regis

Prices are PP  so take that into account

You probably can do better on your own

JMO

@MizLizzie

I am guessing you are on Marina, Riviera or Vista because they can no longer dock in Venice. I understand Sirena is docking at a port adjacent to Venice. We were just on Vista and yes there was a Post cruise Hotel option, Yes there was a shuttle bus from Trieste to Marco Polo,$69 or $89 pp. Many people had booked private transfers as well. We joined some other guests, 7 of us in a big van and baggage. and we paid 50Euros pp which included tip. You can also line up a tour that could get you into Venice. 
We booked the Marriott Courtyard which is 5 minutes from the MP terminal, cost us 5 Euros to go to the terminal in the a.m. to get our flight. Flights are often delayed, and since we flew through Heathrow,it was delayed as well back to the West Coast.  Used Bonvoy credits for the room, the place was full and not cheap but Convenient. Hotel loyalty points come in handy in Venice. A day or two or more would be great for a first timer as there is lots to see so don’t cut your visit unnecessarily short unless you have to. There are many tours and companies available, be it walking or by boat or just the local boat/bus services, 2 hours as I recall to travel around the city by boat. You can get a Vaparetto from the MP airport terminal to take you to hotels in Venice. 

Go have fun.

Mauibabes

We are on the Vista arriving at Trieste on 1 May.  We have booked a private limo transfer to Venice with Oceania.   Normally I would go by train but 1 May is a MAJOR holiday in Italy and many trains are not running (or not presently scheduled to run).   We are not staying in Venice itself but out on the island of Murano.  We have been to Venice a lot of times (on business and pleasure and for parties) so actual Venice isn't much interest.  But we DO want to have lunch at the Locanda Cipriani on Torcello where we have been a number of times.  And Murano is more convenient...   I plan to have the car drop us at the Piazzale Roma in Venice and the hotel will send a boat to collect us from there...   You could do something similar depending on where your hotel in Venice is located.  OR go to the airport and take an Allilaguna boat (€8 I think) to Venice.   If you do that you are only allowed 1 large-ish suitcase.  Ask your TA to set this up.

17 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Might just be too early

This year they have the Molino  &  the St Regis

Prices are PP  so take that into account

You probably can do better on your own

JMO

The Molino was originally on the list, until it was not. We re-booked a larger room for less money and are taking private transportation to Trieste with another couple.

3 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

We are on the Vista arriving at Trieste on 1 May.  We have booked a private limo transfer to Venice with Oceania.   Normally I would go by train but 1 May is a MAJOR holiday in Italy and many trains are not running (or not presently scheduled to run).   We are not staying in Venice itself but out on the island of Murano.  We have been to Venice a lot of times (on business and pleasure and for parties) so actual Venice isn't much interest.  But we DO want to have lunch at the Locanda Cipriani on Torcello where we have been a number of times.  And Murano is more convenient...   I plan to have the car drop us at the Piazzale Roma in Venice and the hotel will send a boat to collect us from there...   You could do something similar depending on where your hotel in Venice is located.  OR go to the airport and take an Allilaguna boat (€8 I think) to Venice.   If you do that you are only allowed 1 large-ish suitcase.  Ask your TA to set this up.

Thanks for that info.  Very helpful.  It would appear we are on the same cruise.  We chose it because it’s our 30th  anniversary and love Valletta.  Planning to fly in several days early. 

Edited by MizLizzie

On 6/20/2023 at 10:59 PM, MizLizzie said:

So my first venture with Oceania has hit a snag. We will disembark at Triest which appears quite far from Venice.
Will Oceania offer a post-cruise tour to Venice?  Or even a post-cruise hotel offer in Venice with some sort of transfer?  If an hotel offer,  does anyone know which hotels they use? 

Though we’d barely do it justice, we’d hoped  to stay over a day to at least get a glimpse of Venice, and hoped Oceania would provide a transfer to the city plus an add-on hotel and tour.  I might add that our cruise departs from Valetta, and ended — we thought — near Venice proper.  

Thanks for any guidance. 

WE decided to stay in Trieste at the Continental Hotel for 2 nights. On Oct 31 we have booked a day tour to Slovenia - Lake Bled & Ljubljana. We are flying out of Trieste on Nov.1, changing in Frankfurt. We  cancelled our Oceania flights and booked our own. I was refused compensation for Venice. We decided to stay and go to Slovenia because we had heard so many good things about it. Trieste is also amazing. Let me know if you would like more info. There is more info on the roll-call - Copenhagen to Athens.

Patricia O'Reilly - poreilly871@gmiail.com