Passport Not Required for Miami Closed-Loop Cruises - New Policy

CruisingWalter

On 6/23/2023 at 9:18 AM, CruisingWalter said:

That is definitely VERY recent. We sailed Scarlet in April and had to wait in the long line as Customs went through our Passports. We were commenting how odd it was for a brand new terminal to not have facial scanning when Royal and others in Miami have it. 

Same - I was on the ship April 14th - had to use the passport; back on the ship May 21st and used facial recognition when disembarking.

On 6/22/2023 at 12:42 PM, lisabucsfan1 said:

FWIW when we cruised last month, we didn't even show a passport at customs when we disembarked in Miami. They have a little thing that you look into and if you are recognized they just wave you on through. I've NEVER seen the customs line that short - I mean it was really non-existent. So, if you don't have a passport or have any other way of getting that scan thing done (maybe the new drivers license has it?) then you'd be waiting in a line?

I remember the days when even infants got 10 year passports.  Always fun to see a 12 year old traveling with a baby photo.

2 hours ago, CrazyTrain2 said:

I remember the days when even infants got 10 year passports.  Always fun to see a 12 year old traveling with a baby photo.

THat must have been long ago....my daughter is 32 and her first passports were 5 years.  However, there was the hair dye incident that lasted 10 years.  My fav was when the customs officer looked at her and said "What's that?"  She replied, "A mistake."  

• Haha 2

I’m relieved because my passport expires within 6 mos of sailing and I don’t have the time to renew. I was stressing.  Called Virgin and got a special ok from the port manager.  So, that is a load off my mind personally.