Tuscan Dinner Experience in Sabatini's Restaurant

HiCCCs

I wonder if you foodies and savvy cruisers out there know about this little morsel of information I've only recently discovered myself - it's called the Tuscan Dinner....and it's reportedly on certain/select (perhaps the Royal Class ships maybe??) Sabatini's Restaurant/specialty dining. I believe it is about $50 or $60 pp. and I am told they have a special pre-selected menu but will bring alternate food out if you don’t care for what they are serving.  Each course is paired with a different wine and a talk from the Maitre D’ about the wine and region. Unlike the Winemakers Dinner, you are seated with your own group of friends or family rather than those selected for the occasion.

Has anyone heard of this or have information to share???  

I did this in May on Royal in Alaska, but they called the Great Alaskan Dinner or something like that.  Five courses plus an amuse bouche with wine pairings.  Food was really, really, good.  Wine was good, not great.  They had different people to speak about the wine region and that person was from the specific region.  In my opinion, they spoke too long.  It was $85 which I thought was too high but honestly I would go it again because it was the best meal I had all week by far.  I'd skip a speciality dinner and do this instead. 

• Thanks 1

We did this type of thing, but it was called Super Tuscan Lunch.  It was held in Sabatini's.  It was advertised as tapas but the five courses plus bread basket were all plentiful. The wines were all excellent,  especially the  Tenuta Luce. Each party had their own table. I think it was around $60. The food was wonderful and we felt it was worth the money.

• Thanks 1

Right... they had been having them on the Royal Class as well.  I don't know that it is a regular thing.  They have to block out Sabi's from regular Specialty Dining.  I'd certainly do it again if had opportunity.

As long as price is reasonable and not $140/pp like the new WMD.

• Thanks 1