Transportation after flight

acct1975

Cruising out of NY in July but flying in the day before embarkation. I ended up booking a hotel in Manhattan but just found out that NCL Air is flying us in to Newark. Not a big deal but I need to figure out transportation from Newark to the hotel.

My question is if anyone knows which is the more economical choice- Taxi or car service. There will be 5 of us (4 adults and 1 kid).

Thanks all!

3 hours ago, acct1975 said:

Cruising out of NY in July but flying in the day before embarkation. I ended up booking a hotel in Manhattan but just found out that NCL Air is flying us in to Newark. Not a big deal but I need to figure out transportation from Newark to the hotel.

My question is if anyone knows which is the more economical choice- Taxi or car service. There will be 5 of us (4 adults and 1 kid).

Thanks all!

You don't want a taxi. First the taxis at EWR tend to be on the ratty side and second because they're crossing the state line into New York they can't pick up return passengers so your fare will  reflect the fact that they have to return to NJ empty.

I would take Uber or Lyft...you'll need a larger vehicle such as UberXL, or a car service such as Carmel Limo...again you'll need a larger vehicle such as a mini van.

There are also mass transit options from EWR to Manhattan...an express bus service and NJ Transit train service .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, cruiserking said:

I can strongly recommend Carmel Car Service as a reliable company. They have always been at the pick up on-time with clean cars and good drivers. 212 666-6666.

Happy Cruising.

Jonathan

I was reading the Carmel website and they state that if you are more than 15 minutes late, you will have to pay my the minute.  Has anyone ever experienced a flight delay that may cause them to start the "clock running" when it is not your fault?  

3 hours ago, Upgradefairy4u said:

I was reading the Carmel website and they state that if you are more than 15 minutes late, you will have to pay my the minute.  Has anyone ever experienced a flight delay that may cause them to start the "clock running" when it is not your fault?  

Most of these car companies monitor flight arrival times and adjust their pick-up times based on updated information. 

They are talking about general city pick ups and lateness of which 15 minutes is a fairly standard waiting time. 

Jonathan

18 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

Most of these car companies monitor flight arrival times and adjust their pick-up times based on updated information. 

They are talking about general city pick ups and lateness of which 15 minutes is a fairly standard waiting time. 

Jonathan

Thanks!  I was going to use them a couple of times in the next few months.  I feel better about this.  I have just been an Uber gal so thought I would give them a try!  

• Like 1

Usually with Dial 7 or Carmel you call them once you have your bags and they dispatch then. The waiting time is when the car arrives at the pickup point if you are not paying for greeting service (do they even have that anymore). 

Think of it, Uber its 5 minutes and you even pay for those five minutes when they are waiting.