Booking a 21 Day Europe Cruise (3-7 day Segments) Suite Benefits

shirazcruiser

We are in a suite in September and am interested in hearing if we will need to pay $5 for room service and the $14.99 fee for the medallion use.  Does this include a charge for changing out your mini bar since the only way you can do this is to call room service.  I will probably just ask the concierge when we board.  Given the cost of a suite it doesn't seem right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

I followed your sailing, but I don't recall if you mentioned whether you received 3 mini bar setups during your cruise. 

We did receive 3. Room was honestly overflowing with drinks by the end

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hobbes67 said:

We are in a suite in September and am interested in hearing if we will need to pay $5 for room service and the $14.99 fee for the medallion use.  Does this include a charge for changing out your mini bar since the only way you can do this is to call room service.  I will probably just ask the concierge when we board.  Given the cost of a suite it doesn't seem right.

Maybe it is more hope than anything else, but logic would indicate that the original mini-bar swap should be free.  Of course this only matters for guests who book Standard like I do.  It's part of our benefit and not specifically a RS order.  Sometimes I can get it headed off by calling RS soon after boarding and put the order in (it's one of my first to-do's as I think it is sad they are making double trip for a lot of people who don't want the default.  If I was running IT, it would be in the App and appear for Elite and Suite guest to select their options pre-cruise.

I agree with Steeler35.  It would make much more sense to put the mini bar choices on the app.  They could even have us pre-order before the cruise so that they do not make 2 trips.  We always swap ours out!  We selected standard for this trip as we have a suite and a concierge lounge for an evening glass of wine.  The Plus is just a lot of extra money for nothing as we do not need or want many of the things that are offered.

• 3 weeks later...

I received a call from Princess Guest Relations yesterday in response to an email I sent regarding various Suite/Elite/Plus Package questions when booking an Elite-Suite on a single 21 day cruise that consists of 3 7-day segments.

1 - Mini-bar set up - we will receive 6 total (2 per segment)

2 - Suite Specialty Dinner - we will 3 dinners (1 per segment)

3 - "New Casual Dining Meals" in the Plus Package - only 2 for the entire cruise

4 - Medallion shipping - free with Plus Package 

5 - Suite Cabin without Plus Package -

$14.99 1- time charge for OceanNow Delivery app

$5 per telephone order 

4 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

I received a call from Princess Guest Relations yesterday in response to an email I sent regarding various Suite/Elite/Plus Package questions when booking an Elite-Suite on a single 21 day cruise that consists of 3 7-day segments.

1 - Mini-bar set up - we will receive 6 total (2 per segment)

2 - Suite Specialty Dinner - we will 3 dinners (1 per segment)

3 - "New Casual Dining Meals" in the Plus Package - only 2 for the entire cruise

4 - Medallion shipping - free with Plus Package 

5 - Suite Cabin without Plus Package -

$14.99 1- time charge for OceanNow Delivery app

$5 per telephone order 

That is just not right (#5).  Thank you for verification from Princess Guest Relations.  

As far as the 6 mini-bars with the Plus Package, you could make some crew very happy with re-gifting the liquors and drinks.  After all, you will also receive 2 bottles of water every day.  I always ask my crew what liquors they prefer and exchange accordingly.  

With the above $5 statement, that means you could "technically" be charged $5 x 6 minibar calls to room service to exchange your choices.  

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

That is just not right (#5).  Thank you for verification from Princess Guest Relations.  

As far as the 6 mini-bars with the Plus Package, you could make some crew very happy with re-gifting the liquors and drinks.  After all, you will also receive 2 bottles of water every day.  I always ask my crew what liquors they prefer and exchange accordingly.  

With the above $5 statement, that means you could "technically" be charged $5 x 6 minibar calls to room service to exchange your choices.  

I traded the mini bar for a bottle of wine and shared it with a friend. 

• Like 1