Salaverry (Trujillo) Shuttle Information Needed

Btimmer

We are on the Grand South America on the Zaandam starting 10/7/23 and one of the ports of call is Salaverry which is a short distance from the city of Trujillo.  I've been quoted an outrageous sum for a shuttle back and forth between the port and the city from which we have an excursion planned.  Does anyone have any current intel about shuttle availability between the port and Trujillo?

Thanks for your help!

18 minutes ago, oakridger said:

I had to google....it's in Peru!  Only about 13 miles apart.  Sorry I can't help @Btimmer but I'll be watching to see if you do a Live From report.

Good luck!

~Nancy

Nancy, I'll be doing one of my Btimmers Almost Live reports from this cruise.  A link will be available closer to the departure date.  I've also found another excursion that leaves from the port, so we'll likely cancel the first one and take the second.

• Thanks 1

@Btimmer

A few years ago, my wife and I did a 30-night round-trip from San Diego to Lima on the Volendam that had a stop in Salaverry. On that cruise, there was a free shuttle from the ship to Trujillo, which we took both ways. There's nothing particularly scenic about the drive (maybe 20-25 minutes each way), and, to be honest, nothing particularly scenic about Trujillo, but it was still a fun trip. But I wouldn't pay good money to go there. If there's no free shuttle on your cruise, and if you have an excursion at a reasonable price that leaves from Salaverry, take it.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jimdee3636 said:

@Btimmer

A few years ago, my wife and I did a 30-night round-trip from San Diego to Lima on the Volendam that had a stop in Salaverry. On that cruise, there was a free shuttle from the ship to Trujillo, which we took both ways. There's nothing particularly scenic about the drive (maybe 20-25 minutes each way), and, to be honest, nothing particularly scenic about Trujillo, but it was still a fun trip. But I wouldn't pay good money to go there. If there's no free shuttle on your cruise, and if you have an excursion at a reasonable price that leaves from Salaverry, take it.

Thanks.  I've got one tentatively lined up for a Salaverry departure.