Hooked - Maine lobster question

Hi…we are regular cruisers originally from New England and now live in CA.  We were on Navigator a week or so ago with the UDP.  At our dinner at Hooked, my husband ordered the Maine Lobster.  In the past, we’ve received the whole boiled lobster and we have to split/crack etc.  This last time, we received a small split lobster with no claws (looked almost like a rock lobster) that was broiled.  My husband returned it and asked for the steamed lobster, and basically got the same style (small/already split) but without the grill marks.  

So my question….With the new menu changes through RCCL, did they get rid of the whole, intact lobster or did we just have a waiter who didn’t realize we were from New England and could handle the whole shebang??? 😂😂🦞🦞.  We are cruising again in a few weeks and deciding on UDP or not….and truly only go to Hooked for the whole lobster.  

Recently on Wonder, we received a whole lobster, but it was cut in half. Two large claws, from a much larger lobster, were delivered on a separate plate. We enjoyed it but then again were not raised in New England. 

We ordered from Hooked on Symphony (years ago, pre-Covid) and honestly can’t remember how the lobster was served 

m

My husband who isn’t from New England noticed that the whole lobster that I had ordered in the MDR lacked the claws . This was years , ago .  The waiter told him that they use the claws in other dishes. Ummm , no !  The next day I was served a whole lobster including the claws. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1