EZAir not so easy!

JoRoy218

11 minutes ago, Ombud said:

EZAIR just rebooked my 9:05am flight to 7:15am! The earliest I can get into SFO is 6am. So frustrating! Plus the 9:05 Delta flight is still available. Hot email off to CVP. 

20230924_124054.thumb.jpg.3f2cc93059327a5255a8083df2b49dbf.jpg

Your problem is primarily with Delta, not with EZAir. EZAir is acting as a travel agent to book the flights, but they have no control over them after booking. You may also try calling Delta to see if they can change you to another flight. Normally if they change your flight to an unacceptable one, you should be able to change to another available one at no change in fare.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

Your problem is primarily with Delta, not with EZAir. EZAir is acting as a travel agent to book the flights, but they have no control over them after booking. You may also try calling Delta to see if they can change you to another flight. Normally if they change your flight to an unacceptable one, you should be able to change to another available one at no change in fare.

Oddly relieved that Delta lied to me this morning but I can see that my flight of choice is still available. Delta agent cannot change it as I book thru ezair 

57 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Oddly relieved that Delta lied to me this morning but I can see that my flight of choice is still available. Delta agent cannot change it as I book thru ezair 

Worse comes to worse, spend the night at a cheap SFO hotel or take an early morning Uber.

Not sure how far back you made this EZAir reservation, but Delta is one of the worst airlines to purchase a bulk fare from.  They are notorious for changing flights on a whim.  It seems like if you book a bulk fare too far in advance, they bump you based on flight availability knowing that you cannot really do anything about it without having to go through the agent.  The 9:05 flight is probably fuller than the 6:05 flight, so you were bumped to the earlier flight so there would be more tickets to sells on the later; 9:05 is a more popular flight since you don't have to be at the airport before the crack of dawn.  Some of my parent's friends fly Delta when possible to use their status and they have always had this exact same problem when using EZAir to book Delta too far in advance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

cheap SFO hotel or take an early morning Uber.

I can't make the flight as booked without a pre-flight hotel stay or uber. So I just ordered Uber again but I'm in the sticks so not as profitable for them. Ive had a panic call b4 when no one was assigned (or showed up).

55 days until flight check in so I've got 10 days to figure this out

Positive update to this thread: I’m the OP and spent way too much time attempting to resolve this issue. In short, after many looooong phone wait times and calls, being shuffled from person to person, to AA, back to EZAir , etc etc (you get the drift) I took the good advice of a fellow CC  member and went straight to the top. I was very hesitant to do that but after almost 3 months of multiple emails, phone calls and absolutely no resolution, had to change direction.

So, started out with email: customer relations, cc to jpadgett, lwarren and csteinke.

Amazingly, I got a call the next afternoon from a “Senior Administrator” who wanted to hear the dynamics of what happened, listened well, said they would follow up with EZAir, gave me their direct line and promised to get back to me within a few days. She did call back a few days later, stated “unable to figure out why your flights were changed at the last minute” and offered me two choices which were equal to the amount we paid for our return flight home. It’s sad that you have to jump to the top for a solution. But, it’s done. Whew!

Edited by JoRoy218
  • Thanks 3