Advice on filling in ESTA application form: Discovery cruises from Port Canaveral

I am on Sunshine States /American Dream cruises later this year and am currently filling my ESTA application form.

How do I answer the following questions?

Travel Information: Is your travel to the US occurring in transit to another country:

Yes: What do I enter for US point of contact information Name, Address, Phone number, email address.

Or No: Emergency contact.

It’s confusing.

19 minutes ago, GOQ said:

I am on Sunshine States /American Dream cruises later this year and am currently filling my ESTA application form.

How do I answer the following questions?

Travel Information: Is your travel to the US occurring in transit to another country:

Yes: What do I enter for US point of contact information Name, Address, Phone number, email address.

Or No: Emergency contact.

It’s confusing.

Why would you enter 'Yes'?  Aren't you taking a cruise in the United States?

Sorry I think I got my yes/no responses confused, and think I've figured it out.

In transit:

Yes, I will be in transit. Discovery is in Port for 1 day then departing to Dominican Republic. Just supply an emergency contact.

No,  Not staying in US but visiting US/New York etc later in cruise.

Even the passport entry data in cruise control needs a US address and won't let you complete the entry unless all sections are completed.

Tried

MV Marella Discovery

Port Canaveral etc

now got to find out zips codes etc.

Edited by GOQ
added
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

We,re on that cruise in four weeks and just completed passport entry data yesterday

Zip code for PC is 32920

Thanks Jim

Just a polite reminder that an ESTA is valid for 2 years not just the one entry i.e. if you are going on a US holiday or through the US before it several times before it expires. Just remember to to update the details online for your next trip 🙂 .

I know a lot of people know this already but I just helped some friends who didn't and were about to buy new ones!

On 6/27/2023 at 9:44 PM, bishop84 said:

Just a polite reminder that an ESTA is valid for 2 years not just the one entry i.e. if you are going on a US holiday or through the US before it several times before it expires. Just remember to to update the details online for your next trip 🙂 .

I know a lot of people know this already but I just helped some friends who didn't and were about to buy new ones!

Also, if you renew your passport you have to renew the ESTA, it's only valid against the passport you have when you buy it.