Epic Posh age for Haven guests

Sunandgames

For those who have accessed the Epic Posh from the Haven (as opposed to with purchased passes) can you tell me if there was age restricted signage and/or card scanners in place, and if so, if it was restricted to 16+ or 18+? I understand that for the few passengers purchasing a pass it serves as an 18+ Vibe alternative, but also that for haven passengers it serves as the typically 16+ sun deck. 

My 17 year old is not a big fan of kids and spent quite a bit of time lounging with me on the sun deck on her last couple cruises. She’s not going to be thrilled about being demoted, so I want to manage our expectations now. 

Thanks! 

18+, but they don't always strictly enforce it. As Haven guests, you don't have to scan anything to enter. And since the Haven sundeck (which is what Posh is) has a 16+ limit, you have no worries. The very limited number of non-Haven guests may have to scan in. I'm not sure how that's handled.

Edited by omahabob

4 hours ago, omahabob said:

18+, but they don't always strictly enforce it. As Haven guests, you don't have to scan anything to enter. And since the Haven sundeck (which is what Posh is) has a 16+ limit, you have no worries. The very limited number of non-Haven guests may have to scan in. I'm not sure how that's handled.

I was just on the Epic in April and there were only 2 entrances/exits to the Posh Deck - both the doors from a deck and the elevator and to enter you needed to scan in your ship cabin card. I wasn't a Haven guest, I paid for access. Even Haven guests had to swipe their ID cards, otherwise anyone could enter.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, omahabob said:

The Posh Club is a separate facility from the Haven. You need to scan your room key to get in. It is a multi-story sundeck with bar and water feature. 

The Haven pool is separate and in the Haven courtyard. Next to the Haven sauna and steam room. Overlooked by the Haven gym. Also overlooked by the 2-story Haven lounge. 

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

The Posh Club is a separate facility from the Haven...

I'm told they're the same place on the Epic. Because it doesn't have a Vibe, they sell a limited number of passes to the Haven sun deck, and call it Posh. Or so I'm told.

5 hours ago, omahabob said:

I'm told they're the same place on the Epic. Because it doesn't have a Vibe, they sell a limited number of passes to the Haven sun deck, and call it Posh. Or so I'm told.

This is correct. 

Regarding the required age, in March, the age requirement was 18, not 16.  We stayed in a Haven category and purchased passes for our extended family.   They said the age rules are the same as the Vibe and not the Haven sundeck.   On all deck plans, it is called Posh and not the Haven sundeck.  However,  your 17 year old will have no issue walking in with you., I just do not think her cabin card will unlock the door. 

This was OUR experience. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, omahabob said:

You are incorrect. If you look at the deck plans on the Epic, there is a Posh deck area on Deck 18 and then on Deck 16, there is a Haven courtyard pool and spa. They are separate areas. Non Haven passengers who have purchased Posh deck access  have access to the Posh deck (which is a multi deck sun deck with a bar) but they don't have access to the Haven courtyard and pool.