Kuralu Catamaran Charters

ktwedding2010

We just got back from our cruise and I wanted to recommend Kuralu.

I had trouble finding catamaran suggestions so just wanted to share our experience for others who may be in the same boat (no pun intended 😄).

We had a group of 13, so we chose a private charter on the Daydream sailboat.  We were only in port from 700 to 330 (all aboard was 230).  We met Captain Mike and Goose at Village Cay marina, a short walk from the port.  Only about half of our group wanted to snorkle, so we chose one snorkle stop and some beach time. We had a relaxing ~45 min sail to our snorkle stop at Norman Island. Captain and Goose shared some of the history of the islands on our ride. 

For those that wanted to get in the water they had snorkle gear, noodles to float and threw out the "beer ring" for those that wanted to float with a beverage.  There were 3 caves that could be snorkled, we stayed only near the openings but saw some beautiful fish.  From there we continued on to our beach stop.  We anchored off-shore and some of us chose to swim in while others took the dingy to shore.  We saw two large sea turtles on our swim in!  Pirates Bight restaurant was on the beach and several of us chose to eat lunch there.  Everyone enjoyed their food and drinks.  After some beach time, we headed back to the boat and set sail back to the marina.  The kids (and a few of the adults😉) were having fun getting splashed sitting on the front hammocks on the way back. We arrived back to port with plenty of time to get on our ship.  We had a great time and I would highly recommend Kuralu Catamarans.

20230621_113720.thumb.jpg.7d05ab072035ab6a706beb557037daf5.jpg

View from restaurant 

Edited by ktwedding2010
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Perky1 said:

Also, how do you contact them?

I looked for our tour on their website (www.Kuralu.com) but I just checked and looks like it's not up at the moment.

You could contact the owner, Gary at kuralu@gmail.com or the office-284-495-4381. We spoke a few times to plan and he was very helpful.

7 hours ago, Perky1 said:

@ktwedding2010 how much was the tour, did you have to pay to rent chairs and an umbrella at the restaurant?  Was “beverages” included in the price?  Thank you

Hi- we paid $1880 for the 13 of us.  If I remember correctly, the boat can hold up to 20 people and it's about $60 per additional person.  There is also a group charter option if you don't want a private tour.

The beach included the chairs and umbrellas if you used the restaurant or there was a free section to the right but I didn't see chairs there.

Water, soda, beer and rum punch were included on the boat.

Hope that helps!

15 hours ago, Perky1 said:

@ktwedding2010it helps a lot.  I found the website but it is a bit wonky, my computer keeps giving me a warning so I will just email them.  Thank you!

When contacting businesses (or friends) in the islands it is always best to call. You can email, but folks who call will get better results.