Vancouver embarkation

travelbuds

We were given a 1/2 hr window for 11-11:30.   Seems odd it would be such a gap.  People want to get onboard ASAP.  I m thinking, earlier better.    

We stayed overnight at the PanPacific and valet took our bags over before we were allowed to personally check in 

Wish I had better answers for you   Enjoy. it is amazing cruise

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am wonder with 11:30 to 3:30 times given, if you were to pick a time. This seems odd!  Have not seen anything like this in our recent sailings. Like post above, time is generally in 1/2 segments. We also stay at Pan Pacific and it a great way to go.  Give baggage to bellman and you don’t see it again until it is outside your cabin door.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 1Virgo said: 

We stayed overnight at the PanPacific and valet took our bags over before we were allowed to personally check in 

We’re staying at the Pan Pacific in August before our cruise.  Nice place?  

2 hours ago, Older Sister said:

We’re staying at the Pan Pacific in August before our cruise.  Nice place?  

Yes it is very nice.  There is a restaurant there, 5 Sails,  and the food was very good.  Prices were comparable to other Vancouver restaurants

If you can get a harbor front room, the view is spectacular.   

The Pan is right across from the cruise terminal 

If I may suggest a tour, it is the Eagle Sanctuary and Rehab Centre in Sitka. 

Enjoy your cruise

The baggage drop off at the cruise port is located in the lower level parking garage.

If you enter the cruise port at pedestrian level, you will walk a fair bit into the terminal, stand in line for an elevator, then a short walk in the parking garage to the bag drop off area and then stand in line for another elevator to go back up to the pedestrian level to check in.

If you take an Uber they will most likely drop you off in the parking garage at the bag drop and you can skip the initial elevator line. ( I am not sure if cabs do this).

You can definitely drop your bags off before 11:30. Be prepared for ALOT of walking and lines (check in line, security and US customs).

1 hour ago, 1Virgo said:

Yes it is very nice.  There is a restaurant there, 5 Sails,  and the food was very good.  Prices were comparable to other Vancouver restaurants

If you can get a harbor front room, the view is spectacular.   

The Pan is right across from the cruise terminal 

If I may suggest a tour, it is the Eagle Sanctuary and Rehab Centre in Sitka. 

Enjoy your cruise

We are at Pan Pacific before our 8/4 cruise.  Really looking forward to it!  Will definitely check out 5 Sails!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, travelbuds said:

Celebrity gave us a check-in time of 11:30 AM-3:30 PM for a 5 PM sailing. Curious what time passengers would probably start to line up. Can tagged luggage be dropped off prior to 11:30 AM? Thanks.

With that window....are you in the Retreat? If so, show up when you want and there should be no line at all.

38 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

With that window....are you in the Retreat? If so, show up when you want and there should be no line at all.

No Retreat. After reading some of the responses  I got on this thread, I called my Celebrity cruise vacation planner to see if there is a narrower time frame. Waiting for a call back.

Edited by travelbuds

1 minute ago, travelbuds said:

No Retreat. After reading some of the responses  I got on this thread, I called my Celebrity cruise vacation planner to see if there is a narrower time fram. Waiting for a call back.

Does your Express Pass on the App say this timeframe as well or is just what your travel planner told you. Just log onto the app or on the computer to check the time and change it if you want to. The time selection is available during the check in process.

16 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

Does your Express Pass on the App say this timeframe as well or is just what your travel planner told you. Just log onto the app or on the computer to check the time and change it if you want to. The time selection is available during the check in process.

That was the time frame given on confirmation papers. I just talked with my Celebrity planner. She said what is on the confirmation paper is just a general range and the check-in online or on app won't be available until 45 days prior to sail. App now says check-in "not available". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travelbuds said:

That was the time frame given on confirmation papers. I just talked with my Celebrity planner. She said what is on the confirmation paper is just a general range and the check-in online or on app won't be available until 45 days prior to sail. App now says check-in "not available". 

That make more sense now. To get the best check in time, check in as soon as allowable and even if you don't have all the information necessary at the time, you can still select a boarding time and complete the other information later.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

That make more sense now. To get the best check in time, check in as soon as allowable........

Since we will be there the day before the cruise, we'll try for the earliest time available. Maybe only a 15 minutes walk from hotel to terminal, but pulling two bags apiece it may take longer. Any idea how much time ahead of scheduled time passengers start to show up for luggage drop-off?

18 hours ago, travelbuds said:

Since we will be there the day before the cruise, we'll try for the earliest time available. Maybe only a 15 minutes walk from hotel to terminal, but pulling two bags apiece it may take longer. Any idea how much time ahead of scheduled time passengers start to show up for luggage drop-off?

Just show up at your appointed time. You will first drop off your luggage with the porters and then go through the boarding check in process. You should be on the ship within 15-20 minutes of arrival. Almost nobody shows up early to drop luggage and then returns later to board. BTW, take an UBER to the port to avoid lugging your stuff down the street.

• Thanks 1