Daily Housekeeping and Sofa Bed

wenocancer2

I am under the impression that Carnival is one of the cruise lines that currently offers only once a day housekeeping service.  I don't have an issue with that except that for my upcoming cruise, we have three adults in one room (sofa bed).  Does this mean the sofa bed must be in the "bed" configuration for the entire cruise?  

1 hour ago, wenocancer2 said:

I am under the impression that Carnival is one of the cruise lines that currently offers only once a day housekeeping service.  I don't have an issue with that except that for my upcoming cruise, we have three adults in one room (sofa bed).  Does this mean the sofa bed must be in the "bed" configuration for the entire cruise?  

Do you think you would be able to put it away. I bet they would show you how it works if it is to complicated.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

We find it easy to take off the lightweight mattress and fold it up and place it in the drawer under the sofa. 

Sofa 1.jpg

Sofa 2.jpg

Yikes! This looks terribly uncomfortable! And seemingly would take up a lot of space opened up like that.

My teen will be using the sofa bed on Venezia so I looked up a video and captured a screen below. It looks like potentially the back cushions can be moved to the short end as the head and just use the top cushion as the bed so it doesn’t take up additional floor space as above?

But I haven’t sailed Carnival yet, so I don’t really know. Last year on Royal Oasis we had it in bed mode the whole week. I think it pulled down flat from the wall like a futon so was a wider than if it was closed up. But the sofa bed overall was pretty comfortable according to my kid, and they actually preferred having a bed to lay on rather than sitting on the sofa if we happened to be in the room. Though we mostly sat on the balcony. If we didn’t have that, I probably would have figured out how to close it myself because there wasn’t much room to get around it.

IMG_7777.png

We have always had the sofa bed for DS ever since he was younger and they were doing 2x a day housekeeping back then.  The sofa (some convert to single bed and some convert to double bed type) was always in bed form, everyday from day one of cruise.  Even in a suite cabin they have never changed it back during the day.  Not a big deal for us and still not a big deal with DS being an adult (college age).