Just booked last minute Alaska cruise leaving this weekend

mamapirk

Have been to Alaska previously with Seabourn and jacket was provided. I just booked last minute for this weekend with my daughter...do they still provide jackets? Or if they do, are we too late? THANKS for any info.

4 hours ago, mamapirk said:

Have been to Alaska previously with Seabourn and jacket was provided. I just booked last minute for this weekend with my daughter...do they still provide jackets? Or if they do, are we too late? THANKS for any info.

They do still provide jackets.  You should probably call SB to confirm that they will have one for you.  I assume they will--but you could confirm that with a call.  

9 hours ago, SLSD said:

They do still provide jackets.  You should probably call SB to confirm that they will have one for you.  I assume they will--but you could confirm that with a call.  

Thanks so much. I may give them a call today. My daughter is taking my coat from my last trip, but my husband tossed his or we'd be taking it too. I still have the orange Antarctica jackets, but orange is seriously not a happy color unless one is playing among the penguins. 😉 

6 hours ago, cruiseej said:

@mamapirk Just curious: did you get a hugely-discounted fare for such a last-minute purchase? You don't need to disclose pricing details; I'm just interested whether you found a great deal or if the trip just came together last-second.

Definitely last minute whim though the price is decent in my opinion. There are rooms available and I'm half hoping we'll get a wee upgrade. Now airline tickets are another matter entirely. 😳

6 hours ago, mamapirk said:

Now airline tickets are another matter entirely. 😳

@mamapirk Yeah, I'll bet! Airlines just can't get enough crews and planes in the air; capacity isn't keeping up with the demand for air travel. As the CEO of Delta said yesterday: “The demand…is off the chain.” Throw in summer storms in the east this week stranding tens of thousands of people who need to be rebooked, and a holiday weekend… (shudder)… I hope you find a way to get there that doesn't break the bank!

Edited by cruiseej