Freedom dry dock. Xmas '24 cruise cancelled

9 hours ago, cube1982 said:

Sooo my freedom cruise cruise is supposed to leave December 29th 2024, so far it's not cancelled. It's still for sale online, but the next available cruise after is in February. ....I'm lost itsstill for sale, haven't received a cancellation, am I safe or what 🤷🏻‍♂️ help! Lol

9 hours ago, monorail81 said:

That’s really strange. The way things before and after your sailing are cancelled would indicate yours should be. We were supposed to sail on December 7th. One of the “replacement” sailings we had to pick from is a NYE cruise. I would hope if/when they cancel yours they’ll give you an NYE option. If not, I would be VERY upset. 

It's possible they're working on putting new itineraries in place for January and the first half of February. That six-week period was what they had blocked off from the very outset so no cruises were ever put on sale for that time and consequently none were cancelled either.

The NYE cruise on Freedom has stayed on the website throughout even while the others went AWOL, so in theory it should be fine. But I guess, yes, I would be concerned because of the possibility of delays.

I hope it works out for you. I think "very upset" would be an understatement if they cancelled an NYE cruise on me after offering one as a replacement to people who weren't even on one to begin with. I was on Freedom's December 7th too so I got that offer as well.

1 hour ago, monorail81 said:

I would have done that one, but it didn’t fit my work schedule. 

I went with the Oasis sailing on the 30th of November for the time being. I'm almost certainly going to shift it to something else. Luckily my original booking was with a refundable deposit.

The NYE one would have been a great deal if I didn't have to contend with holiday-inflated transatlantic flight prices.

• Like 1