Help with cabin choice

odysea

We are booking 3 cabins on Venezia deck 1. These are the ones we’re looking at-1371,1375 and 1379 or 1407,1415 and 1421. Any thoughts on whether one group is better than the other group? If anyone has stayed in these rooms and wants to weigh in on how they were that’d be great! Thanks so much.

If it was me I'd take the 1300 rooms. Mostly because two of them connect, and I think you'll find that helpful.  (On the other hand, connecting doors are less soundproof than a solid wall).  

Secondly, they're closer to the elevators, and I like that. (Other people have valid reasons for disliking the same thing.)

I’ll just confirm there will likely be no privacy with the adjoining rooms. I accidentally booked one on vista, which is the same class of ship, and I heard everything they said in the next room. They probably didn’t know it because I was alone and wasn’t talking to myself. But yeah. I’m sure I heard everything they said that week.

I do have an example from when the kid was pitching a fit one night. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/-9H63MlTSNA?feature=share

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Haha 2

It’s family we’re traveling with, 3 couples. So we all know each other,  however I’m sure we’d all enjoy more privacy than a connecting door clearly allows🤣. Btw, I think it’s hilarious that you recorded that, but very useful in this case. I never would’ve thought it was that bad! So I’m thinking the other rooms might be best, and I’m curious about what the sideways rooms are like. Thanks all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, odysea said:

Btw, I think it’s hilarious that you recorded that, but very useful in this case. I never would’ve thought it was that bad! So I’m thinking the other rooms might be best, and I’m curious about what the sideways rooms are like. Thanks all. 

Yeah I was doing a live review here. And there’s no way anyone was believing how clearly I could hear all of that without a snippet. I think that was at 1 or 2 am as well. I had to put headphones on and watch tv on the computer until it stopped.

I know how to identify adjoining cabins on deckplan - is there a way to identify which balconies do/do not connect?

I thought they all opened up (guess I never had one that didn't), but have read where people had balconies that could not be opened to an adjacent one.

If I recall correctly, if you have a connecting cabin, then the balconies do not connect. So if you see connecting rooms, those rooms will have a balcony that connects with the room on the side that doesn't connect inside with them.  You'll have to decide if you want connecting rooms or connecting balconies.  Can't have both.

Just now, luv2trvlnow said:

If I recall correctly, if you have a connecting cabin, then the balconies do not connect. So if you see connecting rooms, those rooms will have a balcony that connects with the room on the side that doesn't connect inside with them.  You'll have to decide if you want connecting rooms or connecting balconies.  Can't have both.

Thank you and how strange.

That’s terrible! My Sister booked an adjoining cabin for an upcoming cruise on the Vista.  I hope they don’t have a screaming child next to them!   For what it’s worth, I previously sailed in an adjoining cabin on Mardi Gras ( only availability left) and didn’t hear anything from next door. Maybe soundproofing is better on the newer ships. 

• Like 1