Quiet place to read on Sky Princess

aquilegia

We're on Sky Princess shortly.  On sea days we often like to find a quiet spot to read for an hour or so but looking at the deck plans I'm not sure where to find one.  On Crown and similar ships, we've always gone to Skywalkers.  Is there somewhere like that on Sky Princess?

Any open venue such as Crown Grill without any activities will generally be quiet. The Take 5 lounge (6-fwd portside) has not had many events scheduled there. Look at the Princess Patter to see which venues have nothing scheduled.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Take 5 is usually pretty quiet in the mornings and early afternoons.  Surprisingly, the Retreat Pool area on Deck 17 and the terrace area above it on Deck 18 were pretty quiet when I was on board this past April.  This all depends on the crowd that will be joining you at the time that you will be using it.

5 hours ago, aquilegia said:

We're on Sky Princess shortly.  On sea days we often like to find a quiet spot to read for an hour or so but looking at the deck plans I'm not sure where to find one.  On Crown and similar ships, we've always gone to Skywalkers.  Is there somewhere like that on Sky Princess?

We sailed on her with 4400 people last Nov/Dec and we found the Crown Grill Bar to be a very peaceful place to sit by a window and chill.  Sometimes at night they had live music, but it was always mellow.

We've been on the Sky three times in the last year or so. As mentioned previously, your two best bets would the Crown Grill bar and Take 5. We always used Take 5 as it is a separate area with virtually no through traffic and there is plenty of window seating and tables for two to watch the sea go by.  Occasionally Take 5 is used for a quiet lecture, or for some very loud game show, but generally us beautifully quiet.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for asking the question and all the answers. I was wondering if I would be able to find a quiet spot when I need to recharge, other than going back to cabin. Pleased to see that I can 😃

The Cruise in August I’m on looks to be full. I’m guessing, like ours, many of the cabins that can accommodate more than 2 people will be because it’s summer holidays

31 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Thank you for asking the question and all the answers. I was wondering if I would be able to find a quiet spot when I need to recharge, other than going back to cabin. Pleased to see that I can 😃

The Cruise in August I’m on looks to be full. I’m guessing, like ours, many of the cabins that can accommodate more than 2 people will be because it’s summer holidays

Are you asking about re-charging yourself or your "devices"  ;o) We used Take 5 as our quiet reading spot on all our recent trips on ships had that one. There are numerous AC outlets with North American plugs scattered around Take 5 and I never had any problem finding a big window chair right next to one. I always prefer to run my tablet off AC power whenever it's available.

11 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Are you asking about re-charging yourself or your "devices"  ;o) We used Take 5 as our quiet reading spot on all our recent trips on ships had that one. There are numerous AC outlets with North American plugs scattered around Take 5 and I never had any problem finding a big window chair right next to one. I always prefer to run my tablet off AC power whenever it's available.

Definitely meant Myself 😂 however, seriously, I hadn’t thought about charging my devices outside the cabin silly me.

thanks for that info about the AC outlets. I now know I can chill out and read while I charge my iPhone, so it’s fully ready for the next million photos I’ll take on it! 😃