in port with a two year old in Tortola for a day

sansterre

One grandchild is with family reunion of adults (30-75) in a cruise to Tortola (and also St. Thomas).

We think the Baths would be too difficult and unsure how he would do on a sailboat or motorboat on the open water.

Is there a good beach, maybe one that is less known than Cane Garden Bay where it can get a bit too rowdy/

Anything else on Tortola that we would all enjoy?

Edited by sansterre

Yes for a less busy beach vibe Brewers Bay is nice. There will be some fellow cruisers there, but it is more like that old Caribbean beach we remember than like CGB. Just one beach bar and restroom last I knew, but it’s a nice spot to relax for part of your day.

Long Bay, Beef Island is another beach option. The road there is much flatter than going over the hill to CGB or Brewers Bay, if that matters. But the cruise lines are now promoting the beach through their excursions so I’m not sure if it would be the right choice for you. I’m sure someone who has been recently can comment.

Another idea is taking a shared island tour in an open-sided safari taxi. You will see drivers offering 3 - 4 hour shared tours for ~$25/pp, some with a stop in CJB. There may be enclosed vehicles as well.

Regarding CGB, I don’t know if I would call it rowdy, but it certainly is a very busy vibe. But there are nicer amenities there of course.

Do anyone f these options sound good? Or are you looking for something else to do?