Koningsdam Alaska cruise review 6/17-6/24

14 minutes ago, afdds said:

Wow thank you so much for the MDR file . Everything looks yummy!  I didn’t realize that you could pay extra for certain items.   This may seem silly, but what month should I check back for Kogingsdam Alaska 2024?  I’m just a little excited! Thanks again for the great information.

I will be aboard the Koningsdam for its first cruise into Alaska in 2024 and will be copying the menus (food and beverage) as well as daily programs. All will be available before you cruise.  I will also be answering questions while onboard to help others in their Alaska Koningsdam planning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Crew News said:

I will be aboard the Koningsdam for its first cruise into Alaska in 2024 and will be copying the menus (food and beverage) as well as daily programs. All will be available before you cruise.  I will also be answering questions while onboard to help others in their Alaska Koningsdam planning.

You guys have all been a great help to me! We fly to Seattle tomorrow and set sail from Vancouver on Saturday. Super excited and ready to enjoy the fun of the ship and the beautiful ports of call.

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to circle back to this discussion and thank you all for the helpful answers to my many questions. Our cruise was five months ago now - gosh time flies - and I've finally gotten around to writing a review of our experience. Here's the link if anyone is interested, but it's really long, so you should get a cup of coffee and find a comfy chair 🙃

Cruise Review

IMG_9292[1].jpg

Edited by NewCruiser-2023
  • Like 2

@NewCruiser-2023

Just read your review-excellent!  What a shame about the stolen suitcase though.  It’s too bad you didn’t have an overnight in our beautiful Vancouver city.

Thanks for taking the time to write your detailed report.  Would be very good for other new cruisers. 

• Like 1

@canadianbear Thank you! Yes, the stolen suitcase debacle really brought our spirits down, but we were SO thankful that our son's wallet, cellphone, and car keys were in his backpack, and that he only lost a week's worth of clothing. He also told us at dinner a few days later that he was sort of grateful for that early disappointment, as it relieved any pressure he felt that the vacation had to be perfect. If any of us had to lose their bag, he was honestly the best one. None of the rest of us would have handled it as well.

We didn't have an overnight in Vancouver, but we did spend all of our disembarkation day there - renting bikes to ride all through Stanley Park on what was the warmest day of our whole trip, going to Mass in a lovely church that evening, and taking in lots of sights as we walked all around town before heading to the airport for our midnight red-eye flight home.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NewCruiser-2023 said:

@canadianbear Thank you! Yes, the stolen suitcase debacle really brought our spirits down, but we were SO thankful that our son's wallet, cellphone, and car keys were in his backpack, and that he only lost a week's worth of clothing. He also told us at dinner a few days later that he was sort of grateful for that early disappointment, as it relieved any pressure he felt that the vacation had to be perfect. If any of us had to lose their bag, he was honestly the best one. None of the rest of us would have handled it as well.

We didn't have an overnight in Vancouver, but we did spend all of our disembarkation day there - renting bikes to ride all through Stanley Park on what was the warmest day of our whole trip, going to Mass in a lovely church that evening, and taking in lots of sights as we walked all around town before heading to the airport for our midnight red-eye flight home.

I was thinking it was lucky it was the son because if it was me I don’t know what I’d do besides freak out!

I am glad you got to enjoy the day in our city and the weather cooperated.  Sounds like you did get lots of fun here.  Hope the red eye flight went smoothly.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canadianbear said:

I was thinking it was lucky it was the son because if it was me I don’t know what I’d do besides freak out!

I am glad you got to enjoy the day in our city and the weather cooperated.  Sounds like you did get lots of fun here.  Hope the red eye flight went smoothly.  

The flight home  - two connecting red-eyes actually - went smoothly. Impossible for me to really sleep on a plane, so there's that, but I watched a lot of movies and got my sleep the next night at home.

4 hours ago, NewCruiser-2023 said:

The flight home  - two connecting red-eyes actually - went smoothly. Impossible for me to really sleep on a plane, so there's that, but I watched a lot of movies and got my sleep the next night at home.

Yikes, I feel your pain.  I can’t sleep on a plane either.  It seems sometimes I’m so tired & start to nod off & something happens.  

I do find it takes a few more days to recover from longer flights than when I was younger 😂

• Like 1