Question On Vista Suites on the Oceania Riviera (12001)

Sthrngary

Thank you to everyone that posted here and gave me such GREAT information.  It has been very helpful.  This will be one of my last posts for a while.  Before someone takes shot at me for announcing this like it is some kind of loss to folk, it is not.  You have completely satisfied my inquiries and it has been truly appreciated.  I will still be active but much less opinionated on a cruise brand I have never take before.  I am no one important other than a guy that loves cruising constantly attempting to elevate his experiences. All of you have been quite gracious to me as a NEW guest to Oceania.  On this post I want to explain something that I hope every both understands and appreciates. 

Years ago, I had a Stroke at age 60.  Until than I traveled internationally for 40 years as a professional speaker.  I rarely took time off to enjoy the finer parts of life. I feel much better now on all levels after a few years of retirement. I wanted to enjoy life after my stroke and music was a foundation of my entire life.  I was trained to be a professional musician but went to college for business instead. My 60th birthday was deemed the "summer of music". I wanted to go to the four-day music festival on the beach called "Hangout Music Festival".  Because I was 60, I did not want to be in the sun for four days straight with the 20 year olds.  They had a High-End entry called "Super VIP".  Catered food, unlimited bar, raised covered and fanned area to listen/watch the bands with chairs, hot tubs and couches.  There were much, much more.  The problem was this was very expensive as you might imagine, and I could find NO WHERE the real detailed information on "Super VIP" was located. The reason, it did not exist at the time. I took a risk, and paid the price.  I then wrote a very detailed op-ed that covered ALL the "Secrets of the Super VIP" entrance to the Hangout music festival. Folks loved it and it became somewhat viral.  That positive feedback gave me an opportunity to do the same thing for the Four Day Bonnaroo Music Festival as a "Platinum Guest".  I have now gone to both music festivals for four years in a row reporting back on new and exciting things every time.

It seems that in the Cruising Hobby we all seem to have, the same lack of information on how the true details work similar to those Music Festivals.  So, a few years ago, I did the same approach to the "NCL Haven Experience" here on CruiseCritic.com  Do as much research as you can, bite the bullet and pay the price.  Write about it in a way so other can leverage as much of the value as possible from the premium investment. Again, this topic went somewhat viral as it can on this CruiseCritic.com platform.  I found a hobby. Through out this quest, it was always based on the foundation of, having "Realistic Expectations" so you are less disappointed when you have the reality of your vacation.  In addition with cruising to make my vacation as "All-Inclusive" I could with the options that were most important to me. 

This and other post that I have on specifically the Oceania Blog on CruiseCritic.com social media site has the same end-game. Enjoy the first experience the best you can and write about it after.  I also did it a few years ago on Crystal Cruises before it went under.  By doing the research upfront with ALL of your experience and help, it makes my family and friends vacations that much better.  The added benefit is I journal everything to help other after me to have some of the answers that are asked over and over again on this and other sites.  I am not paid by any brand, I not a so called influencers, every aspect of this experience comes from my personal funds. I am just a hobbies that would like to have some experience prior to leaving this earth that will create memories of pleasure for those I am with, myself and future guest looking for this information to make a decision to proceed. 

So, all of you gave me such great information to make my upcoming trip better.  I will pay it forward real-time during my cruise and after my cruise so other have the benefit of what I learned and what I will eventually experience.  My time until the cruise will be focused on a book I am writing not on the subject of cruising. yet every day as normal, I will check this blog for hints/ideas from those that have experienced them. What a valuable resource CruiseCritic.com has been for other and myself. Thank you. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 2

@Sthrngary,  thank you so much for your thoughtful and well-written posts.  We really appreciate the time and effort you have put into your research and comments.  

May you cruise well......and often......and enjoy every single moment on your first Oceania cruise.  I will be taking my 15th Oceania cruise in September. I hope you will make as many wonderful memories on Oceania as my husband and I have!

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2023 at 7:59 AM, Sthrngary said:

Thank you to everyone that posted here and gave me such GREAT information.  It has been very helpful.  This will be one of my last posts for a while.  Before someone takes shot at me for announcing this like it is some kind of loss to folk, it is not.  You have completely satisfied my inquiries and it has been truly appreciated.  I will still be active but much less opinionated on a cruise brand I have never take before.  I am no one important other than a guy that loves cruising constantly attempting to elevate his experiences. All of you have been quite gracious to me as a NEW guest to Oceania.  On this post I want to explain something that I hope every both understands and appreciates. 

Years ago, I had a Stroke at age 60.  Until than I traveled internationally for 40 years as a professional speaker.  I rarely took time off to enjoy the finer parts of life. I feel much better now on all levels after a few years of retirement. I wanted to enjoy life after my stroke and music was a foundation of my entire life.  I was trained to be a professional musician but went to college for business instead. My 60th birthday was deemed the "summer of music". I wanted to go to the four-day music festival on the beach called "Hangout Music Festival".  Because I was 60, I did not want to be in the sun for four days straight with the 20 year olds.  They had a High-End entry called "Super VIP".  Catered food, unlimited bar, raised covered and fanned area to listen/watch the bands with chairs, hot tubs and couches.  There were much, much more.  The problem was this was very expensive as you might imagine, and I could find NO WHERE the real detailed information on "Super VIP" was located. The reason, it did not exist at the time. I took a risk, and paid the price.  I then wrote a very detailed op-ed that covered ALL the "Secrets of the Super VIP" entrance to the Hangout music festival. Folks loved it and it became somewhat viral.  That positive feedback gave me an opportunity to do the same thing for the Four Day Bonnaroo Music Festival as a "Platinum Guest".  I have now gone to both music festivals for four years in a row reporting back on new and exciting things every time.

It seems that in the Cruising Hobby we all seem to have, the same lack of information on how the true details work similar to those Music Festivals.  So, a few years ago, I did the same approach to the "NCL Haven Experience" here on CruiseCritic.com  Do as much research as you can, bite the bullet and pay the price.  Write about it in a way so other can leverage as much of the value as possible from the premium investment. Again, this topic went somewhat viral as it can on this CruiseCritic.com platform.  I found a hobby. Through out this quest, it was always based on the foundation of, having "Realistic Expectations" so you are less disappointed when you have the reality of your vacation.  In addition with cruising to make my vacation as "All-Inclusive" I could with the options that were most important to me. 

This and other post that I have on specifically the Oceania Blog on CruiseCritic.com social media site has the same end-game. Enjoy the first experience the best you can and write about it after.  I also did it a few years ago on Crystal Cruises before it went under.  By doing the research upfront with ALL of your experience and help, it makes my family and friends vacations that much better.  The added benefit is I journal everything to help other after me to have some of the answers that are asked over and over again on this and other sites.  I am not paid by any brand, I not a so called influencers, every aspect of this experience comes from my personal funds. I am just a hobbies that would like to have some experience prior to leaving this earth that will create memories of pleasure for those I am with, myself and future guest looking for this information to make a decision to proceed. 

So, all of you gave me such great information to make my upcoming trip better.  I will pay it forward real-time during my cruise and after my cruise so other have the benefit of what I learned and what I will eventually experience.  My time until the cruise will be focused on a book I am writing not on the subject of cruising. yet every day as normal, I will check this blog for hints/ideas from those that have experienced them. What a valuable resource CruiseCritic.com has been for other and myself. Thank you. 

You have written such a thoughtful post!  And I applaud you for your sensitivity and insight.  And as for the Vista Suite on Deck 12?  We have sailed in Vista Suites on Decks 8, 10 and 12....and Deck 12 wins for SURE!  It is just SO nice to walk a third of the way through the ship and be at the pool, Terrace Cafe.......also very convenient to the Private dining venues, art classes, cooking classes....pool deck bars......we always ask to be "wait listed" for Deck 12 Vistas when we are already booked in other Vista suites.  So be VERY happy with your Stateroom selection!  

WE are a bit disappointed as it appears that the Vista Suite on the "Vista" doesn't even have a jacuzzi on the balcony.  We enjoyed the jacuzzi on the Caribbean trip more than the Europe and Mediterranean ones as we weren't always rushing from port to port....and some ports we chose to just lay on the balcony and enjoy the jacuzzi.  There have NOT been televisions on the balcony on the Riviera for the past four years however....

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2023 at 7:44 PM, Sthrngary said:

@Hambagahle Wow, incredible information.  I can't thank you enough.  Very Sorry about the situation on Regent.  Unacceptable.  Thank you again.

Actually it was not Regent that cancelled the cruise it was Covid.  All cruises were stopped (many of course already at sea) on 1600 PST 13 March 2020.   (Friday 13th).  We would have boarded Splendor at noon next day.  She was docked in front of our hotel.  We were then stuck in the US.  And had to get home.  Thanks to Trump all Europeans (me included) were banned from the US.  And Swiss had dropped most of its US flights too.  We "escaped" via Toronto and flew AC at our expense to Zürich on the Sunday.  Monday Trudeau closed the borders (we were told this in mid air!) so again we had a narrow escape.  I cried when I saw the Lake of Zürich from the plane...

Regent was superb.   there is no other word for it.  They refunded everything we had paid for the cruise (around $30k in a Grand Suite) PLUS they refunded all our out of pocket expenses to get home.  The only thing they didn't refund was our bar bill at the Toronto airport hotel !!!  (I don't blame them.  We were in a state of shock and consumed too much Johnny Walker Black label!).  I shall forever be grateful to Regent and their Customer Service department AND to my outstanding TA who held my hand throughout all this.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

Actually it was not Regent that cancelled the cruise it was Covid.  All cruises were stopped (many of course already at sea) on 1600 PST 13 March 2020.   (Friday 13th).  We would have boarded Splendor at noon next day.  She was docked in front of our hotel.  We were then stuck in the US.  And had to get home.  Thanks to Trump all Europeans (me included) were banned from the US.  And Swiss had dropped most of its US flights too.  We "escaped" via Toronto and flew AC at our expense to Zürich on the Sunday.  Monday Trudeau closed the borders (we were told this in mid air!) so again we had a narrow escape.  I cried when I saw the Lake of Zürich from the plane...

Regent was superb.   there is no other word for it.  They refunded everything we had paid for the cruise (around $30k in a Grand Suite) PLUS they refunded all our out of pocket expenses to get home.  The only thing they didn't refund was our bar bill at the Toronto airport hotel !!!  (I don't blame them.  We were in a state of shock and consumed too much Johnny Walker Black label!).  I shall forever be grateful to Regent and their Customer Service department AND to my outstanding TA who held my hand throughout all this.

@Hambagahle So sorry, I misunderstood your first reply.  When considering your entire situation, it seems more than fair you indulged a bit to much on the Johnny Walker Black Label.  The least you could have done to dull the effect of a very nasty situation.  

Very nice to hear the Guest Services approach that Regent took for you.  I am not sure if you ever had the opportunity to rebook a Grand Suite.  That by itself would have been a memorable experience. Thank you for taking the time to respond back.  Your thoughts are much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

@Hambagahle So sorry, I misunderstood your first reply.  When considering your entire situation, it seems more than fair you indulged a bit to much on the Johnny Walker Black Label.  The least you could have done to dull the effect of a very nasty situation.  

Very nice to hear the Guest Services approach that Regent took for you.  I am not sure if you ever had the opportunity to rebook a Grand Suite.  That by itself would have been a memorable experience. Thank you for taking the time to respond back.  Your thoughts are much appreciated.

No - we have never been on Splendor.  Since 2020 we haven't been out of Switzerland aside from popping into France to buy butter (and eat) and one short trip I made a month ago to meet friends for lunch in Domodossola.   I suppose we were in shock.  But we also found a part of paradise on the lake of Thun in the Berner Oberland and have been going to that hotel 4-5 times a year since.  We call it our "land cruise".    BUT we are now booked on Vista for next April and are really looking forward to it.  I just hope nothing stops us doing that cruise.   But again - Regent was amazingly good to us (and to others of course too) when Covid hit.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2023 at 9:25 AM, Sthrngary said:

Prior to asking this question, I did every search I knew how to do.  I want to say that upfront because I know how many feel about asking the same question over and over that has been covered. I respect everyone on this board and wanted you to know that.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

I have just secured the Vista Suite on the Oceania Riviera #12001 for a 10-day Mediterranean Cruise in November 2023.  It is clear that the Vista Suites square footage is a range of 1200 to 1500 / 111 -- 139 veranda. It seems clear that this Vista Suite would be on the smaller end of the square footage which is just fine.  Has anyone on this board stayed in this suite (12000 or 12001) and if so can you provide me with some input. I am aware of the location and that the bridge is below and the Outdoor Area of the Spa is above.  I get what that means.  It is the layout of the actual room and balcony differences I am hoping to uncover.  

Thank everyone in advance for your feedback and input. 

We are booked in April in Vista Suite 12000. I have the very same questions. The deck plans seem off for deck 12. Please let us know your findings when you are on-board in November. Safe Travels!

32 minutes ago, taloolabelle said:

We are booked in April in Vista Suite 12000. I have the very same questions. The deck plans seem off for deck 12. Please let us know your findings when you are on-board in November. Safe Travels!

@taloolabelle I hope you are excited as I am.  I will give you below the result of my research and I think you will love it.  I will change and adjust my findings after my cruise.  I do a lot of writing prior to cruise so it is easy to change and adjust prior to final posting.  There is a video on YouTube by a travel agent that is Suite 12001.  The suite has not changed like the renovations of other suites on the Riviera.  Look up the video.  Hear is the research I have done.  Hope you like it. 

The Vista Suite for my wife and me was a pleasant comedy of errors.  We originally booked a Concierge Stateroom which was upgraded with the 4-Catigory Upgrade promotion to a PH3 Guarantee Penthouse. Fast forward to the “Extraordinary Sales Event” in which we received a huge reduction in fare cost for the PH3 Guarantee.  I then asked my travel agent to call Oceania for a guest “Paid” upgrade to a “Vista Suite” because the Oceania Suites Level were waitlisted, the Owners Suites were way too much suite and expense. There were two (2) Vista Suites left.  A mistake was made in quoting the upgrade price by the Oceania representative, and the original upgrade amount was NOT honored.  Mistakes happen and I did NOT get upset or harbor resentment. I wrote a very kind, thoughtful and professional letter/email. It resulted in gaining another paid upgrade offer, higher cost than the original which I accepted immediately. Win/Win situation for Oceania Cruises and myself. On to the elusive and luxurious “Vista Suite”.

A small back story. Two years ago, I cruised on the NCL Joy with my family in the (H2) Haven Deluxe Owners Suite with Large balcony.  This was the result of four (4) Covid-19 cancellations applying Future Cruise Credits (FCC) and discounts. I thought at the time, this was “IT” for me.  I would never have as grand a cruise suite, ever again.  I was WRONG!  The “Vista Suite” is a marked improvement in many ways compared to the NCL (H2) Haven Owners Suite. 

The Vista’s entire square footage of the suite and veranda is 1,657.  Depending on the deck, the measurement increases and decreases. My first home 44 years ago was 800 sf. The Vista veranda is 652 making the actual suite 1,005 sf. As you walk into this Vista Suite, you will find a “Full” second bathroom with a rainforest shower head. As you move forward to the main room, it opens to one of the nicest living spaces I have ever seen on a cruise ship or any luxury hotel.  It had a Great Room, large butler’s pantry/bar, dining room table with four (4) chairs.  The quality of the furnishings was instantly notable. The decorations and art were the real deal.  The lighting was automated with a legend showing the lighting scene modes.  The entire suite was wired with a Bose Sound System for music and surround sound for movies. Storage in this suite was no issue and almost ridiculous.

When you book an Oceania, Vista, or Owners Suite it comes with a Suite Bar Menu.  You can order six (6) full bottles of spirits and or wine using the Suites Bar Menu and provide your selections to your 24/7 butler or the pre-cruise ship concierge.  Waiting for you in your suite is a fresh fruit basket which is replenished daily.  To the side of the couch was a standing ice bucket with a bottle of real French Champagne (Blue Label) chilling.  Petit fours were on the coffee table with a bowl of individually wrapped Werther's Original candies.  Each day between 04:00 PM and 05:00 PM, a small plate of delicious canapes was provided.  You can choose what you like with a special menu in the suite. You share your preferences with your butler. Vista Suite has two (2) devices for unlimited (non-streaming) internet (As of July 1, 2023, the “Simply More™ program includes two (2) devices for all staterooms). You can upgrade to streaming for $10.00 per day, per device. In general, I was impressed with the little bits of attention to detail in the suite.

NOTE: When comparing the high-end suites from Mainstream Cruise brands to a Premium-Plus/Luxury brand like Oceania show subtle differences.  Little niceties that you can almost miss.  I appreciate that kind of attention to detail.  

The master bedroom was a king-sized bed, you have the Sweat Dreams™ pillow menu to choose from, a glass makeup table with chair in the corner of the room, and the actual bedroom is much larger than any other master bedroom I have ever stayed in on a cruise ship.  The walk-in closet was more than any two (2) people would ever need. I personally loved the two (2) sets of robes, heavy long and light short plus Oceania Slippers. Again, little things make a difference. The master bath was also extremely impressive. It has a huge vanity with double sink, rainforest shower head, bidet, and most importantly an extra-large jacuzzi soaking tub.  This soaking tub is larger than in the Oceania Owner’s Suite. On the counter are bath salts, high-end toiletries, and a Bulgari™ gift box to take home of the luxury bath products.  To the side is a small exercise room with two (2) machines facing a flat screen TV. To the other side was an Oceanview window. This specific exercise room for us was a bit of a waste but used for the storage of the Veranda lounge chair cushions when the weather was bad. Oceania provides three (3) bags of laundry with 20 items per bag with a three-day turn-around, during our voyage.  You can press four (4) items on or before day three of your cruise. You also have access to a full laundry facility with detergent on many floors.  That was a godsent.  I hate packing dirty clothes.

The huge wrap-around veranda was a showstopper.  An outdoor dining room table for four, two plush lounge chairs (We had two additional chairs added for our friends joining us in a Penthouse Suite) and around the side, two more chairs with a wonderful outside Jacuzzi Tub not longer has an outdoor TV set. On one of the chairs was an Oceania Beach Terrycloth bag and some other items as a gift. The suite is on the “Bow” of the ship with the same view as the captain’s bridge.  As a matter of fact, Deck 12 is just above the captain’s bridge and below the Aquamara outdoor spa. There was NO noise with a few exceptions I will outline below.

Some areas of concerns were,

·        The location of the veranda is a mixed blessing.  While the ship is cruising fast, it is too windy to be outside.  When coming into or out of ports; it is lovely and relaxing. 

·        The bow thrusters can be a bit annoying when docking or when leaving the dock, but it only lasts a very short time.

·        Some decks with Vista Suites were asked to close their curtains at night because the light distracted the bridge.  The exception was the Vista Suites on Deck 12 because they were above the bridge.

Remember, much of this will change when we complete our cruise.  I hope it will help you.

Edited by Sthrngary
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

@taloolabelle I hope you are excited as I am.  I will give you below the result of my research and I think you will love it.  I will change and adjust my findings after my cruise.  I do a lot of writing prior to cruise so it is easy to change and adjust prior to final posting.  There is a video on YouTube by a travel agent that is Suite 12001.  The suite has not changed like the renovations of other suites on the Riviera.  Look up the video.  Hear is the research I have done.  Hope you like it. 

The Vista Suite for my wife and me was a pleasant comedy of errors.  We originally booked a Concierge Stateroom which was upgraded with the 4-Catigory Upgrade promotion to a PH3 Guarantee Penthouse. Fast forward to the “Extraordinary Sales Event” in which we received a huge reduction in fare cost for the PH3 Guarantee.  I then asked my travel agent to call Oceania for a guest “Paid” upgrade to a “Vista Suite” because the Oceania Suites Level were waitlisted, the Owners Suites were way too much suite and expense. There were two (2) Vista Suites left.  A mistake was made in quoting the upgrade price by the Oceania representative, and the original upgrade amount was NOT honored.  Mistakes happen and I did NOT get upset or harbor resentment. I wrote a very kind, thoughtful and professional letter/email. It resulted in gaining another paid upgrade offer, higher cost than the original which I accepted immediately. Win/Win situation for Oceania Cruises and myself. On to the elusive and luxurious “Vista Suite”.

A small back story. Two years ago, I cruised on the NCL Joy with my family in the (H2) Haven Deluxe Owners Suite with Large balcony.  This was the result of four (4) Covid-19 cancellations applying Future Cruise Credits (FCC) and discounts. I thought at the time, this was “IT” for me.  I would never have as grand a cruise suite, ever again.  I was WRONG!  The “Vista Suite” is a marked improvement in many ways compared to the NCL (H2) Haven Owners Suite. 

The Vista’s entire square footage of the suite and veranda is 1,657.  Depending on the deck, the measurement increases and decreases. My first home 44 years ago was 800 sf. The Vista veranda is 652 making the actual suite 1,005 sf. As you walk into this Vista Suite, you will find a “Full” second bathroom with a rainforest shower head. As you move forward to the main room, it opens to one of the nicest living spaces I have ever seen on a cruise ship or any luxury hotel.  It had a Great Room, large butler’s pantry/bar, dining room table with four (4) chairs.  The quality of the furnishings was instantly notable. The decorations and art were the real deal.  The lighting was automated with a legend showing the lighting scene modes.  The entire suite was wired with a Bose Sound System for music and surround sound for movies. Storage in this suite was no issue and almost ridiculous.

When you book an Oceania, Vista, or Owners Suite it comes with a Suite Bar Menu.  You can order six (6) full bottles of spirits and or wine using the Suites Bar Menu and provide your selections to your 24/7 butler or the pre-cruise ship concierge.  Waiting for you in your suite is a fresh fruit basket which is replenished daily.  To the side of the couch was a standing ice bucket with a bottle of real French Champagne (Blue Label) chilling.  Petit fours were on the coffee table with a bowl of individually wrapped Werther's Original candies.  Each day between 04:00 PM and 05:00 PM, a small plate of delicious canapes was provided.  You can choose what you like with a special menu in the suite. You share your preferences with your butler. Vista Suite has two (2) devices for unlimited (non-streaming) internet (As of July 1, 2023, the “Simply More™ program includes two (2) devices for all staterooms). You can upgrade to streaming for $10.00 per day, per device. In general, I was impressed with the little bits of attention to detail in the suite.

NOTE: When comparing the high-end suites from Mainstream Cruise brands to a Premium-Plus/Luxury brand like Oceania show subtle differences.  Little niceties that you can almost miss.  I appreciate that kind of attention to detail.  

The master bedroom was a king-sized bed, you have the Sweat Dreams™ pillow menu to choose from, a glass makeup table with chair in the corner of the room, and the actual bedroom is much larger than any other master bedroom I have ever stayed in on a cruise ship.  The walk-in closet was more than any two (2) people would ever need. I personally loved the two (2) sets of robes, heavy long and light short plus Oceania Slippers. Again, little things make a difference. The master bath was also extremely impressive. It has a huge vanity with double sink, rainforest shower head, bidet, and most importantly an extra-large jacuzzi soaking tub.  This soaking tub is larger than in the Oceania Owner’s Suite. On the counter are bath salts, high-end toiletries, and a Bulgari™ gift box to take home of the luxury bath products.  To the side is a small exercise room with two (2) machines facing a flat screen TV. To the other side was an Oceanview window. This specific exercise room for us was a bit of a waste but used for the storage of the Veranda lounge chair cushions when the weather was bad. Oceania provides three (3) bags of laundry with 20 items per bag with a three-day turn-around, during our voyage.  You can press four (4) items on or before day three of your cruise. You also have access to a full laundry facility with detergent on many floors.  That was a godsent.  I hate packing dirty clothes.

The huge wrap-around veranda was a showstopper.  An outdoor dining room table for four, two plush lounge chairs (We had two additional chairs added for our friends joining us in a Penthouse Suite) and around the side, two more chairs with a wonderful outside Jacuzzi Tub not longer has an outdoor TV set. On one of the chairs was an Oceania Beach Terrycloth bag and some other items as a gift. The suite is on the “Bow” of the ship with the same view as the captain’s bridge.  As a matter of fact, Deck 12 is just above the captain’s bridge and below the Aquamara outdoor spa. There was NO noise with a few exceptions I will outline below.

Some areas of concerns were,

·        The location of the veranda is a mixed blessing.  While the ship is cruising fast, it is too windy to be outside.  When coming into or out of ports; it is lovely and relaxing. 

·        The bow thrusters can be a bit annoying when docking or when leaving the dock, but it only lasts a very short time.

·        Some decks with Vista Suites were asked to close their curtains at night because the light distracted the bridge.  The exception was the Vista Suites on Deck 12 because they were above the bridge.

Remember, much of this will change when we complete our cruise.  I hope it will help you.

Thank you for all this fabulous information.. I am now embarrassed to say we will be on the new Vista Ship in the Vista suite in April. We have only been in Oceania suites on the O class at the stern but loved loved those suites and all the O ships. Looking forward to your review of Rivera! Still hoping to find info on the Vista 12 th deck ON the Vista! 
cheers and happy travels!

taloo

2 minutes ago, taloolabelle said:

Thank you for all this fabulous information.. I am now embarrassed to say we will be on the new Vista Ship in the Vista suite in April. We have only been in Oceania suites on the O class at the stern but loved loved those suites and all the O ships. Looking forward to your review of Rivera! Still hoping to find info on the Vista 12 th deck ON the Vista! 
cheers and happy travels!

taloo

@taloolabelle Don't be embarked.  The majority of what I sent you relates. There is a brand new Video on YouTube.com for the Vista Ship, Vista Suite.  I like the new layout very much.  A couple of differences in the soaking tube in the master bathroom, no jacuzzi on the deck, the elimination of the cardio room which was a good thing, and some furniture.  The Suite looked stunning. 

Enjoy your cruise and I look forward to hearing all about it here on CruiseCritic.com.

• Like 1

We had a Vista Suite on Riviera and I agree - that mini gym is a waste of space.  So it is great it has been eliminated.  Our steward used it to store cushions from outside when it was going to rain or be windy.   Best use of space I could see!   we have had an Oceania Suite, Owners Suite as well as the Vista - all on Riviera.  Owners was great for a trans-Atlantic crossing and the Vista was great with the port-intensive cruise.  I liked the Oceania suite but found the balcony way too narrow.

• Thanks 1