Taking on alcohol

Twinbooty

I have the alcohol package and can see from other topics I can bring Prosecco on board buy my question is by what method....

Ie...I have no room in my 1 case. Would it be OK to rock up with a box of wine and hand that over alongside my case. 

Or will I need to find room in my case somehow? 

You can not bring box wine - as it is not allowed. You would have to bring bottles, and probably carry them on board as hand luggage unless you have room in your suitcase (and thereby also risk that they could break when inside the suitcase)...... 

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/cruise-faq/can-i-bring-alcohol-board

Edited by TrumpyNor
spelling error
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

You can not bring box wine - as it is not allowed. You would have to bring bottles, and probably carry them on board as hand luggage unless you have room in your suitcase (and thereby also risk that they could break when inside the suitcase)...... 

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/cruise-faq/can-i-bring-alcohol-board

I think the OP means a box of bottles as it's Prosecco.

• Like 3

Im not sure how many bottles you're talking about, but if it's a case the packaging in the original box should be sufficient. if just a couple bottles I bring bubble wrap in my carryon. when I'm packing I "reserve" space by packing a couple of my bottles from home to be sure I leave enough room then remove those bottles before heading to the airport. Sometimes if space is really tight I'll bring a small foldable bag with sleeve to fit over handle of my carryon in my personal item. 

Get your taxi driver to stop at a wine store enroute to your hotel or to port. In USA I usually stop at a Total Wines.

I've not picked out a Rome or Civitavecchia wine store yet  (Anyone have recommendations? ).

8 hours ago, Twinbooty said:

I have the alcohol package and can see from other topics I can bring Prosecco on board buy my question is by what method....

Ie...I have no room in my 1 case. Would it be OK to rock up with a box of wine and hand that over alongside my case. 

Or will I need to find room in my case somehow? 

Boced wine is not allowed.

52 minutes ago, Twinbooty said:

Yeah. I'm meaning 2 boxes of 6 bottles. Is that too much? 

If you can carry, or easily wheel it on, No, not too much.

Just make sure that you aren't bumping into other cruisers with the boxes!

• Haha 1