Website woes

FLcruiser2011

SS UK is imho, atrocious in that my recently assigned PCC frequently fails to answer emails,  she 'forgot' to send pertinent boarding info, and gave me totally incorrect information regarding flights and cancelled flights etc.

Guest relations are also prone to not answering emails. 

I will never deal direct with them again. I will find a TA and let them get some grief 😤

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MBP&O2/O said:

SS UK is imho, atrocious in that my recently assigned PCC frequently fails to answer emails,  she 'forgot' to send pertinent boarding info, and gave me totally incorrect information regarding flights and cancelled flights etc.

Guest relations are also prone to not answering emails. 

I will never deal direct with them again. I will find a TA and let them get some grief 😤

An experienced TA is the only way to go. 

Never book directly with any cruise line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, southend said:

i had problems with MYSilversea - couldn't log in. Had to make myself a real pain in chasing representative on a daily hourly basis both by email and phone to get sorted.  SilverSEa It is sadly lacking and is flakely in UK

I recently had issues with MySilversea but moved to a different browser and asked to reset my password and lo and behold it all worked.

Still having problems - TA contacted SS who reset password - can log in (always could) but the problem persists. The current booking is missing and only sailed itineraries are showing. Have tried clearing cache, different browsers, Apple vs Windows - all to no avail. Apparently SS will call me to sort it out!

Eventually they rang me and told me they had reset MySilversea. When I opened it up all I could see was my profile. No past cruises, no quotes, no VS details, and a home contact address that was their office ...... I left it a few hours in case it needed to synch and when I tried again it locked me out!

The IT whizz was in fact my PCC? She stated they had linked my account to my wife's so I didn't need  my own log in. Really???  Crazy.

SS haven't contacted my yet but I found a fix by setting up an account for DH. And pleased to see all my excursion and restaurant bookings are still there. I usually do everything through my log in as I do the organising so DH has never had a MySilversea account before. Works a treat and now I am less worried about the fact it doesn't display at my own log in.

• Like 1

SS were supposed to call me to sort out the missing cruise - that was over a week ago and you guessed it.....still waiting. Like a lot of cruise lines, the support from the office is very poor but service on board is top notch. I don't want to push it as they are quite likely to mess up DH's log in which is working well, so might try and leave it till after we are back.

10 hours ago, Dimity said:

I downloaded the latest IOS 17 update on my iphone and ever since have been able to access My Silversea through Safari. Prior to the update I was unable to access My Silversea for over a week.

On my MacBook Pro using Safari (that is fully updated), I have been getting this message during the past week or so as shown below: 

image.thumb.png.d5cdb4359478cbe6bc31eb504d219b5a.png

When I used Firefox on this same computer, however, I was able to access and use "My Silversea".  Clearly there is a problem with SS technology that needs to be addressed and solved.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 249,112 views.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1172051-livesilver-cloud-norway-coastfjords-july-1-16-reports/

My problem is quite different as I can log in with no worries - but my current upcoming cruise does not appear at all - not on Safari, Firefox, Windows etc. But not pushing it at the moment as set up an account for DH and his works fine. It must be incredibly frustrating to not be able to log in at all.