Need help—Costa Brava

We are disembarking in BCN 10/21/23 and will be spending a few days there before flying home.  I really want to go to Costa Brava.  I have done a ton of research, but I have read so much conflicting info on whether or not things will be open that late in October.

So, my question is, is there enough to see and do on a day tour?  I really don’t care about shops and restaurants being open.  If they are, they are, but I want to go see the sights.  I am looking at doing a day tour on Sunday.  The company offers this tour on this day, but I would like to verify info from my CC peeps!  I know that companies don’t always disclose very important info! 😜

I don't quite understand what you are asking.  What exactly are you looking to be open in late October?  Costa Brava is scenery - which never closes!  Is there a specific building you want to visit?  Is it the city of Girona?

What is the itinerary of the tour company?

10 hours ago, jennmaybe said:

I really want to go to Costa Brava.

Very sorry, but I don't fully understand either as most would refer to the AREA as THE Costa Brava.  The way you described it  makes it sound like a single town which is is the reason for the confusion. Perhaps you could clarify for best replies?

Yes, the Costa Brava is for scenery, with the Northern Costa Brava more highly rated. 

And Girona is a wonderful town to visit.  The area is also known for "gambas/shrimp" especially those from Palamos, a  town we spent a port call day in.  You will find special mentions of "Gambas de Palamos" on menus throughout the region, highlighting the quality of the dish.

But the Costa Brava  it is also reknown for "all things Dali" if that is what you are referring to and opening hours for the museum at Figueres and for his former home should be easily found online..

Exactly!   That is the exact same reason I was confused when I got a response back from one of the tour companies I inquired with. I was inquiring with a couple of different companies for a tour to this area and I had one company respond and tell me they did not go to Costa Brava this late in October because all of the shops and restaurants are closed.   We are strictly only wanting to go for the scenery, so I don’t care about anything being open or closed.

Not looking for hours for the museum, we are not museum people.

I think I’m going to go ahead and book the tour with In Out Barcelona tours. 

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

We hopped off our ship last year and drove straight to Tossa de Mar.  Absolutely beautiful.  So much so that we're going to hop off our ship in October a meet with a real estate agent there.  It does start to get sleepy there in October but there's still plenty to see and do and theirs tons of shops and retaurants that I'm sure will be open even in later October.  Cadaques is another town on the sea we visited.  It's a bit further north but still dreamy.  

• Like 1