Taino Bay

KPookey

I’m sailing on Virgin into Taino Bay. Did anyone do a beach excursion that was great?

As I know there is sand and a pool, but no access to the ocean at the port. I’m really torn as to whether I should book an excursion because I’d like to get into the ocean water at least after sailing that far. We are beach people. I’ve been to Punta Cana and was blown away by the beach. My hesitation is the beaches and excursions don’t look great, they are all pretty far away and is it a waste of my time as we are only in port so long.   Also, one that appeals to me also takes me into the city of Puerto Plata, which I’m not looking for. The port does look great, should I just give up the beach idea and hit their pool?

Long Beach is right in Puerto Plata, maybe a 15 - 20 minute cab ride into town. 

There are bars, restaurants, chairs, etc. Ask your cab driver to recommend a favorite spot. There are deserted areas and busier areas..

No need for an excursion, unless you want to go to a resort or beach club. 

You can Google it or go to Trip Advisor for photos and reviews.  

Full disclosure, I have not spent any time there, only driven by several times, gotten a good look at it, and heard the discussion by tour guides.  

There is a lot to see in PP, and I have yet to visit often enough to just want to sit around the beach. 

• Like 1