Using a CruiseNext Certificate

Smitheroo

Hi.

I have applied both CF and CN certificates to a reservation after booking, sometimes months after booking but prior to final payment. I've done this on my own and also by using a PCC. I have also added a second CN certificate to a booking months after initial booking when a double up promotion was activated. Reminder that CF can only be used 120 days after purchase, according to the Ts and Cs.

"Your CruiseFirst certificate(s) may be redeemed as a deposit or as a payment towards your new reservation’s grand total with a sail date greater than 120 days from purchase date."

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions#cruisenext

2 minutes ago, Portia! said:

Hi.

I have applied both CF and CN certificates to a reservation after booking, sometimes months after booking but prior to final payment. I've done this on my own and also by using a PCC. I have also added a second CN certificate to a booking months after initial booking when a double up promotion was activated.

Reminder that CF can only be used 120 days after purchase, according to the Ts and Cs.

"Your CruiseFirst certificate(s) may be redeemed as a deposit or as a payment towards your new reservation’s grand total with a sail date greater than 120 days from purchase date."

I think it means the sail date must be at least 120 days away to use the certificate doesn't it?

So I think I can purchase and use a CF today, as long as my sailing is 120 days away from today. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Portia! said:

Yep. For Cruise First, the sail date needs to be 120 days from when you purchased the certificate. So if you buy it today, it is 120 days from today. That's what the Ts and Cs say.

Ah OK -I think the confusion is the "use" of the word "use" - haha

When I say "use" I think apply to a sailing, not the actual sailing - so I was confused by ... 

Reminder that CF can only be used 120 days after purchase, 

• Like 1

Ummm, if you apply it to a booking at 120 days applying it to a future sailing, the sail date will automatically be 120 or more days out.

I suppose you could try to apply to an earlier sailing, which I believe would be against the policy.

Policy, as quoted above, from CF T&C:

"Your CruiseFirst certificate(s) may be redeemed as a deposit or as a payment towards your new reservation’s grand total with a sail date greater than 120 days from purchase date."

1 hour ago, rodndonna said:

Ah OK -I think the confusion is the "use" of the word "use" - haha

When I say "use" I think apply to a sailing, not the actual sailing - so I was confused by ... 

Reminder that CF can only be used 120 days after purchase, 

16 minutes ago, Portia! said:

Ummm, if you apply it to a booking at 120 days applying it to a future sailing, the sail date will automatically be 120 or more days out.

I suppose you could try to apply to an earlier sailing, which I believe would be against the policy.

Policy, as quoted above, from CF T&C:

"Your CruiseFirst certificate(s) may be redeemed as a deposit or as a payment towards your new reservation’s grand total with a sail date greater than 120 days from purchase date."

Final Payment is at 120 days at which point there would be zero balance.  Therefore you can only apply a CF to a cruise that is 120 days or more away.

Example:  I purchased CF on 7/1/2023.  The earliest sailing I could apply the CF to would be 11/01/2023. Any other sailing before 11/01 would already be paid in full.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Final Payment is at 120 days at which point there would be zero balance.  Therefore you can only apply a CF to a cruise that is 120 days or more away.

Example:  I purchased CF on 7/1/2023.  The earliest sailing I could apply the CF to would be 11/01/2023. Any other sailing before 11/01 would already be paid in full.

the part that sucks about the rule is if you wanted to book a cruise for 9/1, you couldn't use the CF.The cruise wouldn't be paid in full yet because you haven't booked it.  Of course, you can look to buy one on the resale market that has been seasoned

• Like 1

So let me get this straight...I have a cruise booked for December 2023. If I buy a CF today for $250, I can apply it to my December cruise and get $500 towards final payment?  What if I only used a CN cert for my deposit? I suppose that would void using the CF (not combinable). Just trying to get the best bang for my buck. Thanks for your response.

2 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

So let me get this straight...I have a cruise booked for December 2023. If I buy a CF today for $250, I can apply it to my December cruise and get $500 towards final payment?  What if I only used a CN cert for my deposit? I suppose that would void using the CF (not combinable). Just trying to get the best bang for my buck. Thanks for your response.

Yes you could but CF today and apply to Dec cruise as long as you didn’t use s CN on that cruise.

2 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Thank you so much for your quick reply.  I appreciate it. 

if you have already applied a CN, you can add another CN right now during the double up promo, if you've booked a balcony and above stateroom

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

if you have already applied a CN, you can add another CN right now during the double up promo, if you've booked a balcony and above stateroom

Thanks but I only have an inside guarantee. Saving my CNs for something better next year.

• Like 1

Just now, debenson0723 said:

Thanks but I only have an inside guarantee. Saving my CNs for something better next year.

gotcha.  the $250 CF are on sale right now if you want to jump on one.  Not sure when they will be offered again

On 7/4/2023 at 10:34 PM, dbrown84 said:

the part that sucks about the rule is if you wanted to book a cruise for 9/1, you couldn't use the CF.The cruise wouldn't be paid in full yet because you haven't booked it.  Of course, you can look to buy one on the resale market that has been seasoned

Isn't it correct that you can still apply CF for the 9/1 booking if and only if it is a new booking, i.e. sort of last minute booking AND the CF has an original issue/purchase date more than 120 days before 9/1?

The CF can be an old stock already sitting in your own Latitudes accounts or a new purchase from a secondary market if the above condition is met.

1 hour ago, Serengeti228 said:

Isn't it correct that you can still apply CF for the 9/1 booking if and only if it is a new booking, i.e. sort of last minute booking AND the CF has an original issue/purchase date more than 120 days before 9/1?

The CF can be an old stock already sitting in your own Latitudes accounts or a new purchase from a secondary market if the above condition is met.

Yes, that is true.  I was talking about not being able to buy today and use for a booking in two months.  

On 7/5/2023 at 12:22 PM, dbrown84 said:

Yes, that is true.  I was talking about not being able to buy today and use for a booking in two months.  

Not to throw a monkey in the wrench, but I have done this.  I had a cruise booked on the GA 09/03-09/12.  I called in on 07/19 to point out that there had been a price drop and I would like FCC.  My PCC noted there was a coupon on my account for a free cruise.  That was the beginning of my CAS relationship.  The coupon in question had to be used by 12/31/2022 so with limited options I went with adding on to my current cruise and booked the Getaway from 09/12-09/22.  I had no Cruise Next certs since I had  planned to restock once onboard the Getaway and I ended up buying a Cruise First $150/$300 (I wasn't lucky enough to get the $250/$500 deal) and it was applied that same day.