Seeking Pictures of the Ciopinno from Ocean Blue

laudergayle

Sounds like a classified ad..”Lonely woman seeking serious relationship with Ciopinno”.

Reality.  Getting ready to book Specialty dining for our Nov. cruise on the Bliss.  DH loves seafood and wants Ocean Blue. I’m not a Seafood lover but do like lobster and shrimp and mussels (kinda).  Last fall on the Breakaway I had the Ciopinno and it was very good. A lot of shellfish in a big soup bowl with an amazing broth .  I have seen recent pictures on CC where the ciopinno looks more like store bought seafood mix from the freezer section with calamari rings in a cup or small soup bowl..very few clams, mussels.  

Before I resort to the Filet..I want to see if the Ciopinno has really gotten that bad.

Pictures with credentials (ship/date) will be considered serious🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

April 2023 Encore

It was not my favorite entree at OB. 

IMG_3697.thumb.jpeg.6618df0e491398abce944a8e48d85049.jpeg

Thanks Bird.  Your pic was one I remembered as being not memorable.  Hope you are enjoying your current vacay.

On 7/2/2023 at 5:32 PM, laudergayle said:

Sounds like a classified ad..”Lonely woman seeking serious relationship with Ciopinno”.

Reality.  Getting ready to book Specialty dining for our Nov. cruise on the Bliss.  DH loves seafood and wants Ocean Blue. I’m not a Seafood lover but do like lobster and shrimp and mussels (kinda).  Last fall on the Breakaway I had the Ciopinno and it was very good. A lot of shellfish in a big soup bowl with an amazing broth .  I have seen recent pictures on CC where the ciopinno looks more like store bought seafood mix from the freezer section with calamari rings in a cup or small soup bowl..very few clams, mussels.  

Before I resort to the Filet..I want to see if the Ciopinno has really gotten that bad.

Pictures with credentials (ship/date) will be considered serious🤣

NCL Escape Bayamo by Ocean Blue on June 2023.

image.thumb.jpeg.ae7d3e3ed3de95d52bfc3454a42f2ceb.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Thanks for asking this! And...demanding photographic evidence to boot. Yikes! You're serious about your cioppinno. 

Anyway, I've often thought of ordering this on NCL. Whenever I'm near the ocean I like to have some sort of yummy broth, with lots of flavor and loads of fresh'ish fish, clams, shrimp, whatever they throw in! I guess I won't be looking toward NCL for this dish either. 

I had a delightful bowl of cioppinno somewhere. Gosh, I wish I remembered where that was! It wasn't on NCL though.

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Haha 1

I am on the Joy this week and ordered the cioppinno. It was served in a wide, low entree size bowl (comparable to a pasta bowl, sorry I didn’t get a photo). It was a large serving, full of shrimp, pieces of lobster, calamari rings, mussels, and a few clams. The broth was delicious, comparable to the flavor of a good lobster bisque but without the cream.

Edited by weisla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, weisla said:

I am on the Joy this week and ordered the cioppinno. It was served in a wide, low entree size bowl (comparable to a pasta bowl, sorry I didn’t get a photo). It was a large serving, full of shrimp, pieces of lobster, calamari rings, mussels, and a few clams. The broth was delicious, comparable to the flavor of a good lobster bisque but without the cream.

Oh no…an outlier to the previous posts.  What to do now as yours sounds like the one I loved so much on the Breakaway!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

Oh no…an outlier to the previous posts.  What to do now as yours sounds like the one I loved so much on the Breakaway!!

You're just going to have to stalk Ocean Blue. The night before, go there and stand in a corner with a water carafe. Just pretend you belong and observe. 

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

You're just going to have to stalk Ocean Blue. The night before, go there and stand in a corner with a water carafe. Just pretend you belong and observe. 

See it first hand…brilliant idea!

However I’m leaning towards an expensive bottle of champagne with a quiet exit when no one is looking🤣

• Haha 3

I like the bottle of champagne idea! 😉 we ate at Ocean Blue on the first night, no idea if that makes any difference. FWIW, we ate at Le Bistro a few nights later (I had scallops and diver sole) and agreed that the Le Bistro meal was WAY, WAY better than Ocean Blue. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weisla said:

I like the bottle of champagne idea! 😉 we ate at Ocean Blue on the first night, no idea if that makes any difference. FWIW, we ate at Le Bistro a few nights later (I had scallops and diver sole) and agreed that the Le Bistro meal was WAY, WAY better than Ocean Blue. 

LeBistro is one of my favorites.  I might try the coq au vin in November…have you ever had it?  

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

LeBistro is one of my favorites.  I might try the coq au vin in November…have you ever had it?  

My husband did in February and said it was one of the best things he’s had on NCL!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Twolittleboys said:

I had it a couple of weeks ago on the Getaway transatlantic and thought it quite tasty. Looked like this:

Cioppino at Ocean Blue (www.kittymeetsworld.com).jpg

Yes more similar to what I recall minus a few calamari…and that broth …yummmm.

You all have been so gracious posting your Ciopinno pictures.  I thought I should post the pix of that delicious Ciopinno I had last fall.  Typically I am quite accomplished with our food photography.  

69637E6B-3B35-48CD-B665-3AFCF9B5315D.jpeg

• Haha 4