Racing at Sea: First-Person Thrills on the Go-Kart Track aboard the NCL Prima

misguy

Strap in and get ready for a high-speed adventure in this exhilarating YT video featuring a go-kart race aboard the NCL Prima. Using a chest-mounted camera, this immersive video captures the rush and excitement of racing on the high seas.

Feel every twist and turn of the track, hear the roar of the engine, and witness the competitive spirit of the race as you virtually speed around the course on the Norwegian Prima. This is as close as it gets to being in the driver's seat without actually being on the ship!

This unique perspective provides an unfiltered experience of the thrilling Go-Kart Track, one of the standout features of the NCL Prima. You'll get a sense of the speed, the atmosphere, and the sheer joy of racing against a backdrop of endless ocean.

Whether you're a thrill-seeker looking for your next adrenaline fix, or a cruise enthusiast eager to see what the NCL Prima has to offer, this video is an absolute must-watch. So, buckle up, hold on tight, and enjoy the ride!

• Like 3

It's wide so there are plenty of places where you can pass. (Unlike the Joy where there's only 2places and if he's in the middle, there not enough room to pass)

Unfortunately everyone in front of me were also experienced go kart drivers.

(I was in the 4th go kart)

Everyone in front of me had the pedal to the metal and navigated the turns well.

I had no opportunity to pass. :(

Edited by fstuff1

I tried it.  I had never used a go-kart before but I found it quite easy to get used to and it was a lot of fun.  As noted previously there are plenty of passing spots so nobody should get bothered if you are not as fast as everyone else.  There is one hairpin corner where you have to get the line right.  We watched a couple of races from the shooting platform and one person got stuck every time around and that did hold people up...

• Like 1

I had the opposite experience. They give instructions on where/how you should let faster drivers pass, but everyone ignored them. I'd try passing and then they would just move over and slam me into the wall... It was fun the short time I got some breathing room though.

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2023 at 2:49 PM, Grimix said:

I had the opposite experience. They give instructions on where/how you should let faster drivers pass, but everyone ignored them. I'd try passing and then they would just move over and slam me into the wall... It was fun the short time I got some breathing room though.

It could be a challenge, we had about half serious racers and the other half were just obstacles to deal with.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 3:52 PM, misguy said:

It could be a challenge, we had about half serious racers and the other half were just obstacles to deal with.

Yeah, my wife was one of the half-serious racers. To be honest I feel the same about the land based tracks. Their saving grace is there are usually much more than 50% serious racers. Of course it can take just one bad one to clog up the track...

• Like 1