Denali - Black Diamond Golf

homeofthehound

We have a day and a half in Denali and we are considering going golfing there. We understand and can appreciate that the golf course will be very different to our normal places, but this would be more of a 'get to say we golfed in Alaska' kind of event for us 🙂 Having said that, I have a couple of questions - perhaps someone can share their experiences:

- clubs, balls are included or can be rented/purchased?

- is it expected that you wear proper golf shoes? (we really don't want to pack another pair of shoes just for a couple of hours but we were only planning on taking our runner style hikers)

- our dates are Aug 9/10 - with it being only 9 holes how late do they offer tee offs (I am going to check the course website next, just thought I would ask here for experiences good/bad)?

- any concerns with wildlife in the area later into the evening?

- does this 'excursion' typically sell out - just wondering if we were to wait until the day to judge the weather, if we stand a chance at getting a tee time?

Thanks so much! 

Have you looked at the website for the golf course yet? Has it answered most of these questions?

As to the excursion selling out, I would expect it has very limited slots, maybe 2 foursomes max. Balanced against an anticipated relatively low demand...I don't know I can say it "typically" sells out (and I doubt anyone else would be able to say that). I sense the use of the word "excursion" might be replaced with a "do it yourself trip" as the cruise line isn't actually doing an organized event, or are they?