Spa verandah - Rotterdam

electro

Would a yoga mat be considered special?  We think not.

We've sailed in them a few times when we got a "free" upgrade.  We like the location....quiet and tucked away but no different for us than our favorite forward deck 8 VF verandah.

Seems as though there might have been a yoga mat and maybe some "special" water but we experienced nothing different or noteworthy.

For us, not worth the $$$ but OK if "free". 

Here is the description of the spa verandah from the HAL website....there is a reference to "thoughtful amenities" but nothing specific or different from the regular verandah descriptions.....

Spa Verandah

APPROXIMATELY 228–405 SQ. FT. INCLUDING VERANDAH

With floor-to-ceiling windows, sitting area and a private verandah, these light-infused staterooms feature two lower beds convertible to one queen-size bed—our Signature Mariner's Dream™ bed with plush Euro-Top mattresses, shower with premium massage showerheads and thoughtful amenities. The configuration of staterooms may vary from the images shown.

I stayed in a spa veranda on NS. I did use the spa so it worked for me. The amenities are not what was advertised and the balcony smaller than the normal balcony rooms. I would stay again because I use the thermal spa and I liked the ease of getting out to the deck 10 pool deck and ease to get to lido etc. 

1 minute ago, cruising sister said:

I stayed in a spa veranda on NS. I did use the spa so it worked for me. The amenities are not what was advertised and the balcony smaller than the normal balcony rooms. I would stay again because I use the thermal spa and I liked the ease of getting out to the deck 10 pool deck and ease to get to lido etc. 

We are in a spa on the Rotterdam in September.  We are also fans of the thermal spa.  This upgrade was due to a Club Orange upgrade.  I have never used this category; and am looking forward to enjoying the proximity to the spa.  The size of the balcony is not a real concern.

Thanks everyone. This is also a CO upgrade. My first choice is an AFT balcony but it looks like there is none left, so looking at what else is available. I'm thinking the VB's on deck 4, the balconies look much larger. 

36 minutes ago, electro said:

Thanks everyone. This is also a CO upgrade. My first choice is an AFT balcony but it looks like there is none left, so looking at what else is available. I'm thinking the VB's on deck 4, the balconies look much larger. 

The balconies on deck 4 are bigger. Make sure you know what you are over to avoid noise. 

29 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

The balconies on deck 4 are bigger. Make sure you know what you are over to avoid noise. 

Thanks, I will look closely at the deck plans.