Cheers and Water

jayjay416

I could use a little direction, please ....

We usually buy a case of water.  We'll be getting Cheers for the first time.  Leaving from Galveston, Cheers starts the next day right?

1)  I was wondering if bottles of water is included in the 15 drinks/day and where to get them. 

2)  Also, how do I apply an AARP gift card to purchase cheers?  Do I phone Funshops?  We are paid in full except the Cheers package.

Thank you.

Yes, bottled water is included in your Cheers, which starts on day 2 from Galveston.  You can get an alcoholic drink and a bottle of water at the same time (no cooling off period) from the bars.  Your 15 drink per day limit is only for alcoholic drinks, so it does not apply to water.

You can use your gift cards to purchase Cheers online.  When you go to check out, simply enter your gift cards as the method of payment (you will likely have to toggle from credit card to gift card).  I believe that there is a limit of 5 gift cards to be entered for an online purchase.  You can also call the Fun Shops to order, but they used to not be able to take gift cards for purchases over the phone (I don't know if that has changed, as I've never done it).

Edited by Schoifmom

If the AARP gift card is a Carnival gift card you can redeem it online when you purchase Cheers. One of the payment options at checkout will be for a gift card. 

Edited by odis

3 hours ago, jayjay416 said:

1)  I was wondering if bottles of water is included in the 15 drinks/day and where to get them. 

the 15 drink limit is on alcoholic drinks there is no limit on the non alcoholic ones.

Just fyi, they will ask you for two cards if you get a drink and a water at the same time. In December on the Radiance, I continually ran into the issue of them asking for another card when purchasing a water and a drink-I was traveling solo. They kept saying that I had to wait 5 minutes before purchasing a water. I didn’t have that issue May 2022 on the Paradise though. 

3 hours ago, crazycatlady82 said:

Just fyi, they will ask you for two cards if you get a drink and a water at the same time. In December on the Radiance, I continually ran into the issue of them asking for another card when purchasing a water and a drink-I was traveling solo. They kept saying that I had to wait 5 minutes before purchasing a water. I didn’t have that issue May 2022 on the Paradise though. 

Not our experience.  Can always get a water along with an alcohol drink.  Maybe some bartenders are different but didn’t think that was policy. 

We got a water with every drink order and stocked up our room fridge. Just make sure you order it at the same time as your drink or you have to wait the how many ever minutes between orders to get one in a separate transaction.