NCL Sun Obstructed Oceanview...worth it?

I'll be booking this ship for an Alaska cruise and I'm on the fence with booking an inside cabin or an OOV.  From what I have seen, the window overlooks the promenade/jogging track then through another cut out to the ocean so people will be passing by right outside the window.  In addition, since it is set back it doesn't seem to get very much daylight.  Is it worth the extra money?  In my case it would be about $150 more over an inside

24 minutes ago, dad son team said:

I'll be booking this ship for an Alaska cruise and I'm on the fence with booking an inside cabin or an OOV.  From what I have seen, the window overlooks the promenade/jogging track then through another cut out to the ocean so people will be passing by right outside the window.  In addition, since it is set back it doesn't seem to get very much daylight.  Is it worth the extra money?  In my case it would be about $150 more over an inside

We did Alaska in an OV (another line) and would personally not pay for it (it was a free upgrade then).

What time of year are you going? Sometimes it can be "too much" daylight! We went in June and the daylight hours were very loooonnng. Woke up around 3:30 to go to the bathroom as we were coming into Glacier Bay, and although I KNEW it would be pretty light out, I just had to make the mistake of pulling open the curtains to see, and then blinding myself with daylight. Was very difficult to get back to sleep after that. We are also early to bed people, and it was still quite light out when we went to bed at 9:30 or 10:00. 

In short not worth. I believe you refer to cabin #6001 to 6009 or #6201 to 6210. Not sure how long is your Alaska itinerary. If it is for this season, it should be 10 nights. 10 days for $150 is not worth for these cabins.

I was on the Sun last Fall for 42 days btb and I did brisk walking every morning and after lunch during sea days, either on Deck 6 or the upper deck. I passed by these cabin windows all the time and I said to myself that I was happy not staying there. You correctly point out there is not much sunlight in that area, adding that you lose the privacy if you plan to open the curtain.

Instead, I would consider booking inside cabin at this stage and then wait for cabin upgrade offer. Based on the offer, you can then consider whether you should go for OV or balcony cabin. Sometimes the lowest bid from insider to OV can be $50x2.

If you are willing to have a blocked view, why not bid on an  ocean view cabin - you might get a much better location for the same price. (This assume you have access to the bid process.)

I am biased as we now tend to get inside cabins due to affordability, noise and light abatement, and less motion for sea sick reasons. Never felt the need for a window (after our first Alaskan cruise with a very expensive balcony) because we are never in the room. And I'd hate to have people have the ability to look in my window. 

In any case, you will have a blast!!