First time cruisers - what's your embarkation day routine?

KEG88

2 hours ago, Bluebunny123 said:

First time cruiser here☺️ These are such great suggestions- thank you all for sharing them! It seems like there is a lot you can do before the ship actually leaves the port. What time does the sail away party/gathering happen? 

As soon as you board.  

Anywhere you go can be a sail away party.   The staff may have something going on around the pool area, sometimes a band is playing  but who wants to be looking at the pool? 

Servers will be walking around with trays of a sail away drink that is usually a punch for sale.  I would suggest to avoid because the ice has melted and watered it down. 

People on the roll call may suggest to be at the Sunset Bar but all it amounts to is a lot of people being at a crowded bar trying to get a drink and get a spot along the rail.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, miched said:

As soon as you board.  

Anywhere you go can be a sail away party.   The staff may have something going on around the pool area, sometimes a band is playing  but who wants to be looking at the pool? 

Servers will be walking around with trays of a sail away drink that is usually a punch for sale.  I would suggest to avoid because the ice has melted and watered it down. 

People on the roll call may suggest to be at the Sunset Bar but all it amounts to is a lot of people being at a crowded bar trying to get a drink and get a spot along the rail.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

All great options to consider- but what time does the ship actually leave the port? It is early afternoon, evening, or late night?

On 7/27/2023 at 1:16 PM, Kmangel said:

I really liked when champagne was offered to me as I walked on to the ship.  However, the champagne was readily available just outside Cafe Al Baccio.  Almost as good, but I hope the former event resumes--getting my bubbly when I first board the ship!

I've got about 18 months before we sail, so hopefully they bring it back by then.  Either way, I'll have a glass of champagne in my hand shortly after boarding and I'll get my boyfriend a beer or bourbon (depending on his mood).  We're sailing out of San Juan, so I'll be sure to be on the top deck with my travel mates for sail away - my favorite port to sail out of!

On 7/17/2023 at 4:37 AM, HardyVA said:

Someone mentioned doing the muster drill on the app?  We haven’t cruised since before Covid and I remember everyone jamming into one area for that?  

Did that last year on Solstice and it was wonderful.  They have a day and time you just go an check in with a staff member at your muster station but no crowds like you did before.