15 Transportation Tickets for $37.50

sockmonkeygirl

7 minutes ago, sockmonkeygirl said:

I want the 15 public transit tickets for $37.50, but we are pulling into Royal Naval Dockyard.  From what I can see, they aren't available there.  Where is the closest place to get them?  Thanks!

Hamilton. You can take the ferry there and buy them at the ferry terminal or bus station. Of course you will have to pay the $5 to get there. Post offices too but none in the Dockyard.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

I got lucky on our trip last September.  The first ferry to Hamilton was not terribly crowded.  As we were getting on, I mentioned to the ferry employee out front that I wish I could get the 15 tickets.  He told me not to pay, that he would take me inside in Hamilton to buy the tickets, which he did.  It is unfortunate that they don't sell them at the Dockyard.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

How is this different from the transportation pass at the Royal dockyard?  

One is a pass and the other is a booklet of single ride tickets. The transportation pass is based on days. They sell one day, two day, three day etc. passes good on unlimited buses and ferries for the validity period. The clock starts ticking the first day it is punched and the pass expires midnight on its last day. If you buy a two day pass on Wednesday and it is punched at 1:00 pm Wednesday it will expire at Thursday Midnight. The tickets come in a booklet good for single rides on buses or ferries and each ticket is only for one ride.  If you have a group the ticket booklet can be efficient. And any left over don't expire. If you travel again to Bermuda you can use any leftover tickets. I think the booklets are intended for Bermuda residents who depend on buses. That is probably why they are not sold at the Visitor Info Centre at the Dockyard but anyone can buy the booklets at post offices and the ferry and bus terminal in Hamilton. 

Edited by Charles4515

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

One is a pass and the other is a booklet of single ride tickets. The transportation pass is based on days. They sell one day, two day, three day etc. passes good on unlimited buses and ferries for the validity period. The clock starts ticking the first day it is punched and the pass expires midnight on its last day. If you buy a two day pass on Wednesday and it is punched at 1:00 pm Wednesday it will expire at Thursday Midnight. The tickets come in a booklet good for single rides on buses or ferries and each ticket is only for one ride.  If you have a group the ticket booklet can be efficient. And any left over don't expire. If you travel again to Bermuda you can use any leftover tickets. I think the booklets are intended for Bermuda residents who depend on buses. That is probably why they are not sold at the Visitor Info Centre at the Dockyard but anyone can buy the booklets at post offices and the ferry and bus terminal in Hamilton. 

thank you.  This would work better for us on an upcoming trip.  We dock 1pm and leave the following day 1pm (Vision of the Seas Oct 26th sailing).  I personally think the times are terrible but will try to make the best of it.  We had planned on taking the blue ferry anyway over to Hamilton so the booklet will work for us for Day 1 with what we have planned.