Ordering 2 Cocktails in the MDR

mike&elena

We've seen how busy the waiters are at dinner fetching drinks for the guests.  With the Plus package, can you order 2 drinks per person when you sit down to make it easier for the waiters and improve delivery speed?

47 minutes ago, mike&elena said:

We've seen how busy the waiters are at dinner fetching drinks for the guests.  With the Plus package, can you order 2 drinks per person when you sit down to make it easier for the waiters and improve delivery speed?

You could try that and explain why.  They should be able to simply bump your counter by two - assuming they contain alcohol.  Otherwise, it shouldn't matter.  Waiters and mgmt should appreciate your efficiency.

1 hour ago, cavecreekguy said:

I haven't tried with cocktails, but I always order a double pour of wine in the MDR so the one glass lasts the entire meal.

And do you get "charged" for 2 drinks off your daily 15 allotment ?

3 hours ago, cavecreekguy said:

I haven't tried with cocktails, but I always order a double pour of wine in the MDR so the one glass lasts the entire meal.

Excellent tip. We can usually make a single pour last through dinner. But there have been times when we haven’t. 

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Recent 12-day British Isles, wine order came quickly every time in MDR and Horizon

Were you on Plus or ordering the "basic" wines?  From my observation, they had a supply of that in the DR and the Assistant Waiter can fetch some fairly easily.

38 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

Excellent tip. We can usually make a single pour last through dinner. But there have been times when we haven’t. 

I like having my own bottle and I can pour whatever amounts we each want.  😁

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Were you on Plus or ordering the "basic" wines?  From my observation, they had a supply of that in the DR and the Assistant Waiter can fetch some fairly easily.

Correct, Plus and basic 'Chardonnay / Cabernet'. We were happy with the wines offered, but then our palates are not sophisticated. 'Don't buy more than you can taste' 🙂

Incidentally we ordered two 'Good Spirits' concoctions in a bar and for the first time we both disliked them. Thanks to Plus we sent them back and ordered our favorites.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Robkat said:

We were on Enchanted a couple of weeks ago and I always ordered a 'double' wine in the MDR. Sometimes 2 drink credits were taken, other times just 1.

16 hours ago, Robkat said:

If I were in the situation (with the cruise fare package), I wouldn't care what they counted as I would be on the floor if I ever reached double digits, let alone all 15!  🤢

• Like 1

Thanks to all for your responses.  

We also aren't too worried about reaching our drink limit, but we do order doubles for our pre-dinner cocktails, and given our following enjoyment of wine over dinner, we just would want to "make sure"! 😂

We like the M.O. of taking a glass into the DR with us, and then ordering another one immediately.  Seems like that would work pretty well.

It's been very interesting to hear everyone's methods of working with/around the system. 👍

Edited by Robkat

32 minutes ago, KreinKrunker said:

If you have a traditional type dining experience, same time and same waiter, just have a standing order waiting for you.

Yep, by the 2nd evening in the MDR our assistant waiter would bring our drinks of choice within seconds after sitting down without us asking (set up same 2-top table and time for every night). Really enjoyed our servers on our last cruise on Enchanted. Always encouraged us to ask them for off-menu items (guess they felt pride making it work). Normally not an above auto tipper couple but couldn’t resist with those two taking such great care of us.

• Like 2