Virgin Voyages Accessible Pool Lift

CruisingWalter

One of our friends and fellow content creators recently filmed a scene onboard the Scarlet Lady showing the portable pool chair lift in operation. Because it's not permanently mounted at the pool, many folks may not realize there is an accessible lift that can be brought out by the crew. Wanted to share because accessibility onboard the ship is not something we talk about all that often in this thread. Actually a very cool operation and nice to see that it's available. Now I wish they would install a step for the rest of us so we don't have to make that huge step up from the deck. 🙂

• Like 5

My cruise partner has accessibility issues and we are in the process of making our first ever YouTube video which will deal with accessibility issues on VV as we found some good information but some totally incorrect info on line prior to cruising.  DO NOT believe what shoreside tells you!

Most cruise lines have the portable lift available on board.  Policies differ on how you arrange to have it brought to the pool for use.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cantgetin said:

DO NOT believe what shoreside tells you!

That's true for every single cruise line. 😅  And actually many cruise lines have the lift already in place with at least one of the pools. that's what we've seen on Princess, Celebrity and others.  If you need any help with the video, ping me. Always happy to lend some help. 🙂 

• Like 1