Azamara Pursuit (18 days): Help deciding cabin (inside or veranda plus)

njguy_south

Hi, all. I am looking to book the 18-night "Ancient Trade Routes" (Oct. 26 -- Nov. 13, 2024) as a single. I waited too long and the only cabin I can book (other than an suite) is an inside or a veranda plus (VP).  I don't think the VP is worth the extra $4,000, considering I am also in the Discoverer Tier.

My concern is the inside. I have not sailed an inside cabin since my first Transatlantic many years ago. How luck do you think I might be to score at least at outside (even if Cat. 05) between now and final payment? 

I may need to invest in a wall hanging (material) with a picture of a balcony and ocean to clip to the end wall to give me the impression of an outside cabin!! (lol)

In an inside room:

Leave the tv on ( without the sound ) on the bridge channel.You will see the outside view from the bridge and light of day.

It’s like having a window..

The balcony plus is not worth the money in my opinion, a solo suite is too expensive..

Check often with Azamara for availability of balcony, cancellations happened even after final payment,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Been on an inside, while not my preferred location, leave a light on and bring a clock that mimics sunrise, you will survive. You will probably spend less time in the room than if you had booked a veranda, but not a whole lot.  We love the veranda cabins, but V-Plus is a rip off, IMHO.  The room and bathroom are the same size as the basic veranda, and the amenities can easily be purchased for a fraction of the price of the price differential between the two rooms. And if you book Deck 8, there is a good chance you get to enjoy the pool lounge chairs being moved from stem to stern and back at o'clock in the morning. For future reference, if you are traveling solo, we (plural) did a transatlantic in a D6 obstructed OV once. Never again, the rooms are very small for two people, but I think for a solo traveler, they would be a great size. Good luck booking! You might want to consider their India/Sri Lanka, (Dubai to Singapore) cruise if all else fails. We were on it in 2022, one absolutely fabulous trip.

• Thanks 1

I did this cruise in 2022. Fabulous trip. For me having a balcony is critical to my pleasure. If you took the VP and then waited until final payment to find a regular balcony, that could work. You will love this itinerary regardless of where you put your head of course. And I personally love deck 8 and seek it out. I never hear too much from deck 9. Just been lucky maybe but I’ve done it many times. Enjoy your reservation, wherever it is. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

I decided to book the inside cabin, as I really want this cruise. Maybe an outside will open, but I can be happy with the inside.  Thanks to all of you for your help in my decision!

Probably smarter.  Azamara will likely to more helpful in upgrading to a regular Veranda if one becomes available than they would be in downgrading from Veranda Plus.

• Like 2

Glad you decided, and you probably made the right choice. For YEARS Azamara has had a post Labor Day sale of double upgrade, Inside to Veranda for the inside price. I would not be at all surprised if you never get to see that inside cabin. Keep us posted, and have a fantastic trip! 18 days, it doesn't get much better than that.

• Like 1