New promotion question

jshli

46 minutes ago, jshli said:

If we have a promotion with an OBC, and a new promotion offers us a better price with less OBC, do we have to cancel and rebook to take advantage of the new offer?

I've seen and done this with other cruise lines, not Celebrity.  I encourage others to give you a specific answer for the world of X, but here's what I've found...

• It's best to have your own cruise line sales rep to do this, especially if you want to keep your present cabin.  An outside travel agent can also work.  It can be done independently but be prepared to get on the phone and wait.  
  • Sometimes I have been able to cancel and rebook online.  I didn't get the same cabin, but I got one in the same class and similar location.  If you're going to do this, I suggest looking to see if you can find another cabin that you'd be comfortable with.
  • You're probably not going to be able to double dip.  If you get the promotion with the better price, you're NOT going to keep the other promotion's OBC.

If you are not past final payment you certainly could have your TA or Celebrity agent (if not booked through a TA) re-price the booking to get the current rate and promotions. All previous promotions on the booking would go away. 

Edited by Cruise Gopher
  • Like 1

We did this recently.  Do Not Cancel and rebook. If you booked directly with Celebrity call and ask them to reprice your booking with the current promotion.  We saved $875 and gave up $200 in OBC.  If you are after final payment then you can’t reprice.

If you booked with TA they must do the repricing. 

• Like 4