Vancouver - Best hotels with kids?

We're considering staying at either the Westin Bayshore or either the Pan Pacific or Fairmont Waterfront. We have two kids, 3 and almost 6. We thought the Westin looked really nice with the pools and close access to the seawall but I'm a bit hesitant on the walk from there to Canada Place with kids & luggage... 

Thoughts? Any and all welcome!

16 minutes ago, Cheadle_Chick said:

We're considering staying at either the Westin Bayshore or either the Pan Pacific or Fairmont Waterfront. We have two kids, 3 and almost 6. We thought the Westin looked really nice with the pools and close access to the seawall but I'm a bit hesitant on the walk from there to Canada Place with kids & luggage... 

Thoughts? Any and all welcome!

The Westin is a very long walk especially with kids and luggage

Nancy

5 minutes ago, Meander Ingwa said:

Do you have a stroller? The Westin is 1mile.  Seems to me that would be a challenge without a stroller , even without the luggage.  

We weren't planning on bringing one but had considered our collapsible wagon just in case. 

The Fairmont Waterfront and the Fairmont Pacific Rim are on par with the Pan Pacific and are within walking distance to the Canada Place (former being across the street).  Both have a pool.  Within short walking distance to the downtown core. 

Hotel room prices are inflated in Vancouver at the moment.  I suggest booking a refundable rate and monitoring prices.  In June I was able to snag the Pan Pacific for US$265 plus taxes a week before my stay because it still had an overabundance of unbooked rooms.  Princess partners with the Fairmont Waterfront for pre-cruise stays; sometimes the hotel does fill up the night before a Princess ship departure.

17 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Have you considered a suite at the Auberge?  An easy walk to Canada Place.  And a kitchenette may be  handy with the kiddos.

We're only there for one night so probably not needing a kitchenette. I think I did look at it but it was either sold out or even more pricey. 

16 hours ago, SCX22 said:

The Fairmont Waterfront and the Fairmont Pacific Rim are on par with the Pan Pacific and are within walking distance to the Canada Place (former being across the street).  Both have a pool.  Within short walking distance to the downtown core. 

Hotel room prices are inflated in Vancouver at the moment.  I suggest booking a refundable rate and monitoring prices.  In June I was able to snag the Pan Pacific for US$265 plus taxes a week before my stay because it still had an overabundance of unbooked rooms.  Princess partners with the Fairmont Waterfront for pre-cruise stays; sometimes the hotel does fill up the night before a Princess ship departure.

Holy cannoli! That's a fantastic deal! I'd be THRILLED to get it for that. Right now hotels are anywhere from $700 to $1000 CND. I was thinking it might be a treat and part of the whole experience (and handy) to be at one of those big hotels right there. Was hoping to use some air miles as well to knock the price down a bit but if I could get it for what you did, then we'd be even better off!

17 hours ago, SCX22 said:

Another question, did you book directly with the hotel? Or which site did you use for booking?

42 minutes ago, Cheadle_Chick said:

Another question, did you book directly with the hotel? Or which site did you use for booking?

I always book directly with the hotel.  Too many horror stories about booking through 3rd party.  Pan Pacific is in the US$260 range for a 1 night stay on 10/18.  It pays to be vigilant with hotel prices in Vancouver.  Post-pandemic prices are crazy expensive, but when the property can't fill rooms, there are deals to be had.

image.thumb.jpeg.2981e9a1e87e237064b39f4602653e74.jpeg

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

I always book directly with the hotel.  Too many horror stories about booking through 3rd party.  Pan Pacific is in the US$260 range for a 1 night stay on 10/18.  It pays to be vigilant with hotel prices in Vancouver.  Post-pandemic prices are crazy expensive, but when the property can't fill rooms, there are deals to be had.

image.thumb.jpeg.2981e9a1e87e237064b39f4602653e74.jpeg

Is the exchange rate REALLY that much? Yikes. This is what I'm getting. image.thumb.png.8a97fe191e79267ba7434a75fa77fd69.png

1 hour ago, Cheadle_Chick said:

Is the exchange rate REALLY that much? Yikes. This is what I'm getting. 

In USD, that would be around $424ish.  The FOREX against the USD is pretty volatile right now.  

Keep your eyes peeled.  Best to book credit card hold rates so you have peace of mind of having a place to stay.  Keep shopping and as you get closer to your arrival date, then start to consider cancelling the credit card hold rate and re-booking under the pre-pay rate if it saves you money.  Also consider putting the hotel name through Google and seeing if the Google Hotels side bar will give you a cheaper rate, booking directly through the hotel.  That's how I was able to find the CAD344.25 rate above.

image.thumb.png.389f293d2b63b8de4637d81b19c939f9.png

On 7/21/2023 at 3:59 PM, SCX22 said:

In USD, that would be around $424ish.  The FOREX against the USD is pretty volatile right now.  

Keep your eyes peeled.  Best to book credit card hold rates so you have peace of mind of having a place to stay.  Keep shopping and as you get closer to your arrival date, then start to consider cancelling the credit card hold rate and re-booking under the pre-pay rate if it saves you money.  Also consider putting the hotel name through Google and seeing if the Google Hotels side bar will give you a cheaper rate, booking directly through the hotel.  That's how I was able to find the CAD344.25 rate above.

image.thumb.png.389f293d2b63b8de4637d81b19c939f9.png

Thanks! I'll give that a go!