OBC for educators

Ineke

On 7/21/2023 at 12:23 AM, Ineke said:

There is a retired option, so that’s all right, too. But I submitted the last College of Teachers membership card, and apparently that’s not good enough. So digging into old files I go, I must have an old paystub  somewhere…

I had to submit my application a few times before it was accepted.  I used a pic of my OneCard (access card) as my verification document.  It has my pic and school name on it.  You may want to try submitting a few more times.  (I’m not really one to take “No” for an answer. lol)

To answer @Riversedge, yes, my college was on the drop down list.

With regard to applying the credit to an existing booking:

Last year I submitted a law enforcement application.  At that time the request included a field for the booking # but this one did not.  Instead, the educators appreciation had a “Redeem Offer” button within the email, which yielded no results.  (I was trying to apply it to a booking I had made two days earlier since that is how the law enforcement application worked.)

After checking my account for the credit, and a failed attempt to contact SheerID, I finally emailed reservations_submit@hollandamerica.com with a copy of the acceptance and screenshot of my HAL account, requesting their help.  They were able to apply the credit to my sailing which did, indeed, appear in my onboard credits.  YMMV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2023 at 10:11 AM, *Miss G* said:

I had to submit my application a few times before it was accepted.  I used a pic of my OneCard (access card) as my verification document.  It has my pic and school name on it.  You may want to try submitting a few more times.  (I’m not really one to take “No” for an answer. lol)

To answer @Riversedge, yes, my college was on the drop down list.

With regard to applying the credit to an existing booking:

Last year I submitted a law enforcement application.  At that time the request included a field for the booking # but this one did not.  Instead, the educators appreciation had a “Redeem Offer” button within the email, which yielded no results.  (I was trying to apply it to a booking I had made two days earlier since that is how the law enforcement application worked.)

After checking my account for the credit, and a failed attempt to contact SheerID, I finally emailed reservations_submit@hollandamerica.com with a copy of the acceptance and screenshot of my HAL account, requesting their help.  They were able to apply the credit to my sailing which did, indeed, appear in my onboard credits.  YMMV

Thanks for your encouragement! I tried again and it went through,  now to try and add the credit.  Is it good for just one cruise?  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Thanks for your encouragement! I tried again and it went through,  now to try and add the credit.  Is it good for just one cruise?  

Yay!  I am so happy it went through!  Here’s hoping you won’t have to fight for the credit.

You know, it’s interesting you ask that question.  I had read that it would be automatically applied going forward but I have no experience to know if that is correct or not.  Hopefully someone will post with their experience but my gut tells me we will have to resubmit with each booking.  

• Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 9:55 PM, *Miss G* said:

I had read that it would be automatically applied going forward but I have no experience to know if that is correct or not.  Hopefully someone will post with their experience but my gut tells me we will have to resubmit with each booking.  

Also curious about this. I have shareholder OBC as well, and always take along the confirmation email as a backup in case it doesn't get added. It doesn't seem like there's any proof/confirmation of this OBC, so was hoping others could share their experiences with ensuring it was added onto their account. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, everyone! 
It took some doing, and I finally asked for a letter from my school, which was almost immediately accepted. Afterwards Dan at Sheer contacted me and let me know that both my previous documents were in fact also acceptable.  Never mind, it’s done, it’s applied, and I’m a happy camper. 
Thanks to all of you for your input and encouragement!

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 7/24/2023 at 9:55 PM, *Miss G* said:

You know, it’s interesting you ask that question.  I had read that it would be automatically applied going forward but I have no experience to know if that is correct or not.  Hopefully someone will post with their experience but my gut tells me we will have to resubmit with each booking.  

On 7/26/2023 at 7:47 PM, Infi said:

Also curious about this. I have shareholder OBC as well, and always take along the confirmation email as a backup in case it doesn't get added. It doesn't seem like there's any proof/confirmation of this OBC, so was hoping others could share their experiences with ensuring it was added onto their account. 

On 7/24/2023 at 9:17 PM, bennybear said:

Just thought I would follow up on this.  I just did an online courtesy hold because it is after hours and I wanted to lock in the price.  My PCC’s voicemail said to do the courtesy hold so he could address it when he comes in tomorrow… so I did.

Anyway, the question as to whether it would automatically be applied going forward has been answered:

IMG_1164.thumb.jpeg.741cd643324b02f089df87258ed3cd94.jpeg

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Just thought I would follow up on this.  I just did an online courtesy hold because it is after hours and I wanted to lock in the price.  My PCC’s voicemail said to do the courtesy hold so he could address it when he comes in tomorrow… so I did.

Anyway, the question as to whether it would automatically be applied going forward has been answered:

IMG_1164.thumb.jpeg.741cd643324b02f089df87258ed3cd94.jpeg

Awesome!

• Like 1