How quick can you get off the boat?

woodburc

Relatively new to sailing.... Doing Windstar Tahiti in September. When the boat d information says, for example,  Arrival Moorea, French Polynesia 8:00 AM,  does that mean you can take a tender as soon as 8 a.m.? Can you sometimes get off earlier? Trying to schedule a tour that begins early in the morning. Just wondering, realistically how soon we can be on a tender. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Putting aside the logistics of getting off the ship before it arrives, I’d say aim for an 08.30 -09.00 tour pickup as your earliest booking time. It’s a small ship which is good for a quick disembarkation, but they’ll will give preference to passengers booked on a Windstar tour,  should one clash with your booking time,

20 hours ago, woodburc said:

Relatively new to sailing.... Doing Windstar Tahiti in September. When the boat d information says, for example,  Arrival Moorea, French Polynesia 8:00 AM,  does that mean you can take a tender as soon as 8 a.m.? Can you sometimes get off earlier? Trying to schedule a tour that begins early in the morning. Just wondering, realistically how soon we can be on a tender. Any advice greatly appreciated.

What date will you be sailing?  We are also sailing in September in Tahiti 🙂

7 minutes ago, Piaa said:

@woodburc September 7th .. see you onboard 😀

Did you book Ato for this trip? Thats the trip I am still waiting for him to respond. He said he had two spots left a week ago. I confirmed saying we wanted the spots and haven't heard back. Sent a couple emails and just crickets.....

4 hours ago, woodburc said:

Did you book Ato for this trip? Thats the trip I am still waiting for him to respond. He said he had two spots left a week ago. I confirmed saying we wanted the spots and haven't heard back. Sent a couple emails and just crickets.....

@woodburc yes (or at least I hope so) - he emailed and said he needed 6 more people to confirm so he put us on the list and will confirm with me once he reaches his minimum but I haven't heard back from him yet.  Good luck - hope he responds and you get to go so the trip then is confirmed

So I would guess we might be on this together... Here's what he said. .... 

Yes i have plan full day tour at the blue lagoon at this time. I have 2 places left gor you and than the tour is completely booking. Departure ftom dock zt 8.30 return 3.30pm
Snorckling on spots lunch on beach blue lagoon
Price 130$ per adult
Please confirm

On 7/24/2023 at 7:35 PM, woodburc said:

So I would guess we might be on this together... Here's what he said. .... 

Yes i have plan full day tour at the blue lagoon at this time. I have 2 places left gor you and than the tour is completely booking. Departure ftom dock zt 8.30 return 3.30pm
Snorckling on spots lunch on beach blue lagoon
Price 130$ per adult
Please confirm

Awesome - see you soon