Beverage Package - based on our specific needs

bUU

We're booked on a 3-night Bahamas & Perfect Day cruise (not leaving the ship at Nassau, and without much intention of leaving the ship at Coco Cay). We don't drink alcohol, so we're considering the non-alcoholic beverage package, which I believe will cost around $225. Please help me understand some specific things (below) about the package so we can better understand whether it would be worthwhile to us.

I'm pretty sure it won't be worth it if we drag a flat of bottled water aboard, but that's too much of a pita as far as we're concerned, so we're factoring in a strong likelihood that we're going to end up *wanting* bottled water - roughly 16 bottles or so over the course of the three days. So that's the first question I need answered to understand whether the package is worthwhile: On Allure of the Seas, where would we get bottled water aboard ship? Would it be chilled? and How readily is it available at these places (i.e., limited hours, other restrictions that might get in the way of our quickly getting a bottle of water on our beverage package)? Given that we're going to need some of these to be available to us in our cabin overnight, is there a problem getting a few at a time to bring back to the cabin?  For comparison's sake, am I correct that 16 bottles of water aboard ship comes to about $80 (i.e., leaving about $145 to be justified by other beverages)? 

The package descriptions make a point about specialty coffees and teas (but makes clear that Starbucks isn't included). I foresee enjoying a latte with breakfast and a decaf cappuccino in the dining room after dinner. Which breakfast locations would be likely to find lattes available? Does the dining room serve *decaf* espresso drinks? Are there other spots around the ship that provides specialty coffees and teas covered by the package? I figure if this works out, that's about $40 of specialty coffee that would be covered (i.e., leaving about $105 to be justified by other beverages).

Lunch will likely mean a cola or two for me, so that's another $25. I don't have questions about that, though it wouldn't hurt to have confirmed my understanding that there's a bar in the Windjammer where I can get the soda (or, if I brought my cup, I can use the machine). Balance $80. 

So, assuming my assumptions above were correct, whether the package is worthwhile hinges on whether we'll drink at least 8 mocktails (about $80 including gratuity - yes?), which I believe is the only other component of the package. One other question about that: Do folks have a problem ordering non-alcoholic cocktails? Are "mistakes" common (i.e., bringing and charging for an alcoholic beverage not included on the package)? 

One other note: I realize that we can probably achieve the water portion of our need with the water package ($31 plus several extra, so about $50). 

Thank you for the assistance!

Edited by bUU

It means you just cant use the pkg for the stand alone Starbucks, doesnt mean the cafe isnt a Starbucks brand you can have. I think Seattle's best, but I've seen the Starbucks logo. There is a cafe deck 6 near the customer service, another deck 8 I think is the cafe promenade where the roast beef sandwiches are .. they also make specialty coffee. The buffet has a soda machine you can use with your cup. If you forget your cup, ask a crew member for soda. The machine has some choices the bars dont have.

Idk about decaf, I avoid decaf. 

My sister ordered a mocktail and I think it was 10.99. Not sure you can get 8 mocktails for $80 including tip. Maybe hers was more because it was in the theater? 

You can carry on 12 soda or water, not sure how much you consider a flat. 12 per cabin. 

• Like 1

I can help on some of it...

Regarding bottled water, they're available from every bar and roaming waiter.  As far as being chilled... depends on how long they've been in the fridge/on ice.  If wherever you are getting the water from has given out all their cold ones and what they've restocked hasn't had time to get truly, cold, you might end up a "cool" one.  I wouldn't let that put me off though.

I don't do coffee (specialty or otherwise), but I believe Cafe Promonade has lattes and such.

I believe mocktails are about $8-9 including tip, so assuming you're paying $30/day for the package, three waters (I believe $4 each but could be wrong) and two mocktails per day (give or take) would be about the break even.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bUU said:

We're booked on a 3-night Bahamas & Perfect Day cruise (not leaving the ship at Nassau, and without much intention of leaving the ship at Coco Cay). We don't drink alcohol, so we're considering the non-alcoholic beverage package, which I believe will cost around $225. Please help me understand some specific things (below) about the package so we can better understand whether it would be worthwhile to us.

I'm pretty sure it won't be worth it if we drag a flat of bottled water aboard, but that's too much of a pita as far as we're concerned, so we're factoring in a strong likelihood that we're going to end up *wanting* bottled water - roughly 16 bottles or so over the course of the three days. So that's the first question I need answered to understand whether the package is worthwhile: On Allure of the Seas, where would we get bottled water aboard ship? Would it be chilled? and How readily is it available at these places (i.e., limited hours, other restrictions that might get in the way of our quickly getting a bottle of water on our beverage package)? Given that we're going to need some of these to be available to us in our cabin overnight, is there a problem getting a few at a time to bring back to the cabin?  For comparison's sake, am I correct that 16 bottles of water aboard ship comes to about $80 (i.e., leaving about $145 to be justified by other beverages)? 

The package descriptions make a point about specialty coffees and teas (but makes clear that Starbucks isn't included). I foresee enjoying a latte with breakfast and a decaf cappuccino in the dining room after dinner. Which breakfast locations would be likely to find lattes available? Does the dining room serve *decaf* espresso drinks? Are there other spots around the ship that provides specialty coffees and teas covered by the package? I figure if this works out, that's about $40 of specialty coffee that would be covered (i.e., leaving about $105 to be justified by other beverages).

Lunch will likely mean a cola or two for me, so that's another $25. I don't have questions about that, though it wouldn't hurt to have confirmed my understanding that there's a bar in the Windjammer where I can get the soda (or, if I brought my cup, I can use the machine). Balance $80. 

So, assuming my assumptions above were correct, whether the package is worthwhile hinges on whether we'll drink at least 8 mocktails (about $80 including gratuity - yes?), which I believe is the only other component of the package. One other question about that: Do folks have a problem ordering non-alcoholic cocktails? Are "mistakes" common (i.e., bringing and charging for an alcoholic beverage not included on the package)? 

One other note: I realize that we can probably achieve the water portion of our need with the water package ($31 plus several extra, so about $50). 

Thank you for the assistance!

Idk if you are interested but I go to the vitality spa to get vitamin water which is flavored. Sometimes they have it iced on a cart on port days but otherwise the vitality spa is the only place to get it. The power aide and red bull you can get from any bar. 

• Like 1