Soda water?

CathyGo7280

I like some bubbles in my drink but I don't want to spend for a drink package. 🙂 My preferred drink is Coke Zero as well and I've found many places run out or give you Diet instead.

Normally a row of soda dispensers will have a little toggle for plain soda water. Can anybody verify if those are present on the Sun and the staff will give you soda water for free? 

32 minutes ago, CathyGo7280 said:

I like some bubbles in my drink but I don't want to spend for a drink package. 🙂 My preferred drink is Coke Zero as well and I've found many places run out or give you Diet instead.

Normally a row of soda dispensers will have a little toggle for plain soda water. Can anybody verify if those are present on the Sun and the staff will give you soda water for free? 

Welcome to Cruise Critic

There are no self serve soda machines. You can order soda water or club soda at any bar (and pay standard soda prices for it). All bars serve Coke Zero. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

In September I cruised without a beverage package of any type. I was successful about 60% of the time in getting club soda at no charge. I believe soda water is the same as club soda. I learned which bartenders to go to when requesting club soda and which to avoid. For those that decided to charge me (which still seems odd), I ensured that I asked for no ice. That was my experience on Getaway. No clue how it will turn out for you when you cruise. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

In September I cruised without a beverage package of any type. I was successful about 60% of the time in getting club soda at no charge. I believe soda water is the same as club soda. I learned which bartenders to go to when requesting club soda and which to avoid. For those that decided to charge me (which still seems odd), I ensured that I asked for no ice. That was my experience on Getaway. No clue how it will turn out for you when you cruise. 

Way too much effort when a relatively inexpensive soda package solves your problem entirely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FLAHAM said:

Way too much effort when a relatively inexpensive soda package solves your problem entirely.

My husband got the soda package! I figured club soda was like water...alas, it wasn't...always. I think my entire bar tab, including the alcohol, was somewhere around $120 on a ten day cruise. I typically get the Free at Sea booozey package, but wanted to try something different that time. Next time? Booooooze package FTW!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

It's only about $100 so I'm probably just going to do that. A few Cokes a day and I'm at the same cost.

• Like 1