Celebrity vs Princess ... Premium Drinks Packages

gardengalaz

10 hours ago, villauk said:

You have lost it and so have we as we booked last year and paid for Plus - totally wrong to change T&Cs of those already paid-up pax.

Very disappointing, indeed. 

Princess and Celebrity are the only mass-market lines we have sailed. Both seem determined to push us (retirees in our 50s, with pensions and retirement savings) away. We have six X and 2 Princess cruises booked between next month and April 2024. After that, we only have Azamara, Ama, and Viking booked, and we are looking at other more premium lines for the cruising part of our future. It may stay that way.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 1:46 AM, abbydancer said:

In January 2025, I have a week on the new Sun Princess, followed by a week on the new X Ascent.  Mini suites on both, plus package on Princess.  Princess, right now is about 2K less than X, both 7 day Caribbean.

I'm in their "Reserve Collection Mini, so on both I do get a special restaurant, although I don't think I get a lounge on Princess.  I get the premium drink package on X, basic on Princess (going up in value on Princess would for both of us cost about 280 dollars.

I like the suite product on X better (we'll see what happens to their butler team concept by then), but the price difference is noticiable.

You will have a better idea after your two cruises.  Be sure to come back and report.  I will resist clarifying the differences, unless you are considering cancelling one of the two cruises.

Happy cruising.

10 hours ago, jagoffee said:

You will have a better idea after your two cruises.  Be sure to come back and report.  I will resist clarifying the differences, unless you are considering cancelling one of the two cruises.

Happy cruising.

It's about a year and a half from now, so we'll see.

I'm curious about what you're resisting clarifying, though.  I've done both before, although first time on both these ships.  I'll do my first E class retreat experience this December, so far it's been M & S.  On Princess, I often do Reserve (formerly club class) because I like the dining of it (most of the rest of the perks I get from status).

Thanks