Drink Packages, Must All in the Same Room Have One, if Only One Wants One?

I suspect this has been asked before, but 1) I'm too lazy to look and 2) things (policies) do change, so I'm asking for the latest information/experience.  We are planning a cruise with two other parties on Quantum of the Seas, one of the parties is a family of five whose mother would like to have the basic soda package.  If no one else in her family wants one, can she get it for herself only?  I told her that I thought I had seen somewhere on this forum that someone had done this successfully.  Am I right?  Would each member of the family have to have one?

Please advise and pardon the laziness or as I call it, economy of effort!

Thanks.

22 minutes ago, LEMJMcC said:

I suspect this has been asked before, but 1) I'm too lazy to look and 2) things (policies) do change, so I'm asking for the latest information/experience.  We are planning a cruise with two other parties on Quantum of the Seas, one of the parties is a family of five whose mother would like to have the basic soda package.  If no one else in her family wants one, can she get it for herself only?  I told her that I thought I had seen somewhere on this forum that someone had done this successfully.  Am I right?  Would each member of the family have to have one?

Please advise and pardon the laziness or as I call it, economy of effort!

Thanks.

Only the Deluxe beverage package requires all of drinking age in the same stateroom to book but even with that there are exceptions.  She can book the soda package by herself.

• Thanks 1